Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Lecture Hall > Daheshism 201

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,558
Default What is Daheshism?

12-06-2015, Update: Please check out this post:
"A Summary of Daheshism"
http://www.daheshville.com/forum/sho...=6005#post6005

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doctor Dahesh whose hand was guided by the Divine spirit, recorded countless messages filled with a myriad of mandated and sanctioned Divine Communications. These are the building blocks that make up the sacred code of our lofty Daheshist Faith. Without them, no amount of otherwise hidden spiritual knowledge—or insight into the workings of the Universe—will help us get anywhere closer to our ultimate destination, which is to become one with the Creative Force.

This Creative Force — which many refer to as "GOD" — is believed to quite simply be unimaginable. It is this Creative Force that is, was, and will always be. We, however, are nothing but projections consisting each of heterogeneous energy signatures that have assumed a physical form, and endowed with the illusion of life inside what appears to be a physical universe.

Yet, and despite the fact we are so insignificant, GOD has established contact with us.

Throughout the ages, and since the beginning of every cycle of re-creation, GOD has made sure that we are given a road map to lead us back to the Great Collective. "Up There," we are told, the familiar notions of "time and space" do not even exist and that in the upper echelons of the Spiritual Gamut indescribable beauty, immeasurable serenity, and eternal love thrive.

These road maps are the lofty seeds of the Divinely mandated religions many of which eventually become a mere collection of rites performed mechanically, or a system of control the masses. In some case even, a license to commit mass murder.

That is why the word "Religion" repels me and the mere thought of being involved in anything remotely connected with the world of religious belief—as seen through the eyes of history—sends shivers up my spine.

I am a firm believer that Doctor Dahesh came to liberate us from the oppression of religion. Eventually, however, he would be mistaken for the "Magic Eight Ball."

It got to the point where certain Daheshists would (practically-speaking) not do anything before asking him what he thought. And his answer would typically be along the lines of "this is up to you" or "do as you see fit." Rarely would he interfere in people's affairs and for good reason: the penalty for not following a prophet's directive (which is Divinely mandated) comes with severe compound interest especially that there is never an action without a reaction and everything has a price in terms of energy (which is interchangeable with time as well as money). When one receives special Divine assistance (practically everyone on this planet—whether knowingly or otherwise and at one point or another—has received such a Divine subsidy) one becomes indebted to the Creative Force and is expected to give something in return. That is the only way the Universe—in which we exist—can maintain balance.

And that is why perhaps Doctor Dahesh announced at one point circa 1977 that Daheshists are to fast 24 hours every 6th and 20th of every month.

Some members of the "the tribe" complained. And thus it was reduced to 12 hours only. But are we this naive to think that this reduction in the amount of hours has not necessitated some sort of penalty? Might it be the reason (in part) for which (dare I suggest) Doctor Dahesh had to "negotiate" with the Divine Spirit and offer his own body as "compound interest?" Wasn't it bad enough for him to endure imprisonment, physical torture, exile, having to return clandestinely and hide in Beirut, get Marie Hadad out of asylum for men where she was incarcerated against her will (for a year) by her sister, mourn the death of the Daheshist Martyr Magda Hadad, and —lest we forget—raise the public's awareness about their president, Bechara El Khoury, through his underground "Black Books" series, which then led to his removal from power?

So many accidents would suddenly befall Doctor Dahesh. He would fall and break bones, his back would suffer injury, his hand would be mangled... so that the life of certain Dahehists would be spared. In the case of one Daheshist whom I knew very well, and whose life was supposed to end circa 1982-1983 following what might have been a fatal fall (instead, she simply tripped and suffered a sprained foot). Soon after the accident, it was revealed why Doctor Dahesh purposely challenged that Daheshist's daughter to a race — several years earlier — during which he would trip and fall and suffer great physical harm.

He did it to spare the life of the Daheshist whose fall would have proven to be fatal.

Yet, when I recently saw an editorial piece written in English and published in a magazine owned by this Daheshist, I could not see any clear indication that "Daheshism" is described—openly and unapologetically— as "Divine Faith" or, dare I say, a "Religion" that emanates from a Divine mandate.

All I saw were references made to something called "Daheshism"—that could be an ideology or philosophy—whose core belief of "Unity of Religions" seemed to be compatible with that of a select assortment of Ph.D-equipped and learned individuals whose featured articles (one had to be able to read in Arabic) using a mixture of logic and historical precedents to draw certain conclusions about belief and religion. All that in order to bolster the magazine's position about this thing he refers to as "Daheshism."

In essence, it was as if "Daheshism" — whatever that may be — was a logical solution to the global problems we are facing.

There is nothing wrong with using logic to prove a point. In fact, debate is built upon logic. But even logic requires a premise. And a premise is not anything that anyone can debate.

To the non-initiated, these mere academic exercises reminiscent of typical conversations that would generally occur between erudite intellectuals in cultural salons, while sipping tea and munching on finger sandwiches. Besides, what can be better to always display a laundry list of Ph.D's attaching their name to this "ideo-philosophy" called Daheshism that believes in the "Unity of Religions?"

In other words, people might ask : "where is the harm?"

I'll tell you:

We cannot debate the validity of the existence of Daheshism, for Daheshism is a premise and that needs to be clearly established.

We can't go around trying to prove the validity of our beliefs. That's why they call it "belief". Belief is not contingent upon our methods of observations nor upon scientific methodology.

Miracles cannot prove anything that may be thought of as being "logical" as far as the way science has quantified and organized our thought processes.

God has his own logic. It is not Man's logic.

There are two main reasons why people hide their true intentions and beat around the bush:

Either they feel that they can reel you in slowly and then reveal the full truth in time. Hence, it is a form of manipulation, despite its benign intentions—and can easily upset those who feel lied to.

Or they are simply too afraid.

Here is a question I have: If this "Daheshism" (whatever that may be) believes in the unity of religions, then what might that one religion be called?

Do we not see how people can get suspicious when we are not upfront with our intentions—despite how lofty they are? And because few are those who appreciate being made to feel as if they are incapable of handling the truth, I will set the record straight:

Firstly, let us not let us not blame Doctor Dahesh for the behavior of other nor accuse him of having inspired any Daheshist to openly disavow him—even if on a temporary basis. He specifically wrote that Daheshism is a religion (in "I Will Sing") as well as being a Spiritual Message. And in "KALIMAAT" ("WORDS") he wrote:
"Daheshism: Her capital (is comprised of) men (who are) loyal in their calling, believers in their faith.

And her Way: The struggle that has connected rings against the tyrannical rulers

And her Reward: Imprisonment which she welcomes wholeheartedly without any timidity, or without any fear for the sake of her faith that is fixed like the mighty mountains.

To perseverance and martyrdom in the course or Daheshism means penetrating into Heaven whose bliss is eternal, and to enjoy delights whose beauty and charm are everlasting."


(Page 88)
"The Daheshist sees that defending Liberty is a sacred Divine duty. For he we would put his life on the line in the course of defending her honor, because She is the gift of the Creator to his creations from different beliefs and various religions."

(Page 90)
***

"The Daheshist — Loyal and trustworthy, he sacrifices everything (may it be) cheap or expensive in the course of reaching his lofty goals.

And whoever is tempted to deviate even as much as a fingernail from his charted goals will be sharply cutoff from the the core of Daheshism without mercy or pity, and he will be expelled in shame and forever and none of his past sacrifices—whose traces have disappeared and news have worn away—will have pity on him."


(Page 90)


So let the record, once and for all, reflect that Daheshism is not a "philosophy" and there are no such things as "ideologies" in Daheshism—for Daheshism is a Divine Faith and will eventually become a Divine Religion. Daheshism is the Faith that every Daheshist hopes (albeit without expectations and without the use of proselytizing) that everyone on this planet will adopt because it is "time" and because it is "The" religion for our age, and that by adopting Daheshism all other religions (albeit respected and recognized) will be quite simply forsaken.

That does not mean the Daheshist is entitled, mandated, or given a license to try and convert others.

On the contrary, the Daheshist is asked to respect other people's beliefs and to not even interfere even when a piece of stone is used to represent a deity. However, and dealing with one's peers, the intentions need to be clear and anyone calling themselves a Daheshist must understand that only after truly undergoing a certain rite of passage and forsaking all other religions (just as in a marriage) could they consider themselves (in an official capacity) "Daheshists." They may not abide by that notion, nevertheless, it is something that must be clearly laid out on the table—from the get-go.

Case in point, we currently have "Daheshist" spouses pressuring their husbands and wifes to follow their formerly adopted religious rituals.

Hence, the Daheshist "code" is being diluted.

We are seeing people beating around the bush and avoiding telling the world what they truly believe in using a highly controlled platform of discussion disguised as the pursuit of philosophical, sociological, and ideological ideals

What we should instead have is a true platform for discussion where we invite the public to learn about Daheshism as a "Divine Message" and give them the opportunity to argue, to challenge, and to even rebuke if they so wish, as well as open the door to any one wishing to undergo the Daheshist Journey (or Rite of Passage), all the while being totally supportive towards anyone who wants to remain in their own faith and perhaps help that person build stronger ties with it.

In my view, six thousand pages of information to teach Daheshism are not enough. Six million pages would probably begin to scratch the surface. On the other hand, thirty three pages alone might be all that an intelligent and willing person need to embark on a the journey of a lifetime, for true Daheshists are not made, they are born. Sometimes they are re-born and at other times they suffer spiritual death even when still with us.

But let us return to this issue of Religions and why I now feel that the concept of organized religion is a necessarily evil in some cases, and in other cases a great license to learn and later unlearn: Sometimes, I feel that I really began learning when I left school. But could I have applied myself to the rigors of self-education without having undergone the rite of passage of attending 8 years of college and earning my degrees? I don't think so. And let us not forget that Doctor Dahesh himself used to say that it took him 20 years to make a Daheshist out of someone. So I am not about to complain. And as I get older, I am tending to see the value in organized religion—provided that those who are in charge of ministering to the public are not in it for the money or for the sense of power. And here, I would like to remind everyone what Doctor Dahesh had specifically written (and I paraphrase): that the Daheshist priest will be voted into a limited-term. In other words, being a Daheshist priest is not something anyone can do for life.

But do our deeds and intention invariably cause the erosion of an otherwise holistic and simpler connection with The Creator and spawn more complex set of rules, regulations, and customs— many of which are deformed into superstition —just so that a semblance of the original lofty message is maintained?

It would be great if such a semblance would be maintained in the first place!

In other words, how do we go from the state of having relatively uncomplicated access to an inalienable right to a one-to-one connection with the Creator to one where we have to jump through hoops in order to (supposedly and now) earn such a privilege?

It is my opinion that no Lofty Divine Message can remain in its pure form once it enters this Earthly realm and makes initial contact with its first hosts. The day this will happen, and I suppose, civil laws won't be needed!

And the reason I say "hosts" is because messages (may they be emanating from a Divine source or not) are packets of information that need "hosts" to process them correctly and convey them with care. And just like "energy," "information" cannot be defined in the same way we might define a tangible object — such as a chair or a table — and can only be evaluated in terms of its effect on a particular system—such as a human being.

Information can have such an effect on a human being, that it can cause death. People can die due to a slow and incremental deterioration of their whole being or from a sudden shock due to mere words that could either haunt them for the rest of their lives or cause them to have a cardiac arrest.

We are way beyond discussing the "information age."

This is the "Information Dimension." Information is synonymous with life.

Life is already a big enough illusion that seeks to fool our senses and lure us into deadly mirages.

Let us not make it worse by fueling it with lies prompted by fear.

Even fear is but an illusion...
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."

Last edited by Daheshville; 12-06-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

As always Mario… a truly beautifully written and inspired piece… you so eloquently put in to words such complex and involving concepts… and you are always able to extract with such clarity the truths that are so important for us to take in to our hearts and strive to understand.

The breadcrumbs of the path to follow have indeed been laid before us. It is an absolutely Divine blessing that this has been given to us. What WE need to do is expend the effort; effort that gives us the MERIT to DESERVE to walk the path… that ultimately in the end… is to us as Daheshists… the ONLY way of a personal salvation.

Yet we all have FREE WILL. We have the individual choice to ignore this gift, to ridicule this gift, to accept this gift… to follow the path to where it leads, to give up along the way, or to stay the course… None of this, whatever it is that we individually decide… is easy.

Even if there is only one or two Daheshists that are true to the message, or frankly, even if there is NO ONE that believes or walks this path at all… this in no way changes what is a universal truth and universal right. This has all been put in place for us…

As you so succinctly say, Mario… God has established contact with us… it is up to us to choose… to put forth the effort… even "a little bit” as Father Noah says in his letter… to better ourselves…it is solely and purely… for our own benefit.

Along these lines of personal effort… we have to think for ourselves… we have to take a stand… one way or another… we must be hot or cold… we cannot be luke warm… by being luke warm, we have not even put in the effort to fully appreciate the gift we have been given… whether we accept this gift or not.

When I have been asked over the years… “Why David, do you believe in this?” My only and truthful answer is… "Well, I just do…" I know and believe Daheshism to be a universal truth…

Do I believe logically, scientifically or based on empirical observation? Well, yes, and no… but certainly not in any traditional sense… I think belief actually transcends any form of logic that the mind or deductive reasoning could ever muster. In fact… belief, one way or another always comes first… and all the other “logical” explanations come after the fact.

And even in the mental preparation of walking the road… one must truly be ready… in many facets of one’s life. In the movie The Matrix… they say… "there is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path..."

There have been people in the history of Daheshism that saw sometimes countless miracles of Dr. Dahesh… and yet they did not believe. In these cases, the path was not only laid out before them… by the very nature of witnessing these miracles, they were essentially given a personal chauffer to move along the path… yet, some still did not “believe”… so we can see here, there are no guarantees… and even with the experiencing of such blessed events of being in the realm and presence of miracles… these individuals did not take up the path… everyone’s personal mileage varies… and there are no guarantees that someone will believe or not believe… it is a totally personal and individual, case by case experience and outcome.

As such… Daheshism is certainly not waiting for any of us to be the catalyst to convert anyone by our words or our actions… every one will and can ONLY come along and walk the path based upon their own inner workings or preparedness…

One by one, and individual by individual…
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Chad's Avatar
Chad Chad est déconnecté
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Default

Wonderful Piece, Pure Logic and Honest full with a light of hope. But what still stop us all to start something in that meaning.
It is a hard,long and painful journey to start and we are all waiting for that right time frame or right moment to came...
I say it had already started and we didn't even know,what Daheshville did i dare anyone to do or start.
The amount and quality of information is endless, it is really like a deep sea when you start here you can never finish.
Daheshism is not anything you can make yourself into, but it is something that born with you, i noticed few families that the father and mother are daheshist but there children didn't accept it and they're not active at all and on the other hand some didn't know anything about Dr.Dahesh till the day they start reading his books with hunger that will never end.
Books is good but not enough, internet is good but not enough. It is when people believe in what they have and fight for it.
We all are scared of losing our money, social level, whatever we think is important but when you really think of it nothing is more important.
What i have learned till now in life is, BE HONEST IN WHATEVER YOU DO.
Honesty is the bread of heavens, I have never seen people dedicated to there message more then the people i have seen as brothers in this message Mario, Sandrine,David i did't want to name because the list is long specially in daheshville. Even few in Lebanon, there's a person that do a huge amount of work and no one mention him still i deeply believe he will get his right when the time cames.
This Message have the right people in it and sooner or later these people will ask for there wings to fly with this holy message high.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Chad's Avatar
Chad Chad est déconnecté
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Default

Before you say it Sandrine "and Sisters", Forgive me for that typing mistake
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Sandrine's Avatar
Sandrine Sandrine est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Before you say it Sandrine "and Sisters", Forgive me for that typing mistake
Thank you Chad you are very considerate, I appreciate the thought ... As Mario would say I am "One of the guys"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Mario:

I saw this post when you first wrote it. But I knew immediately I was needed to put it aside until I could give deep consideration to your words.

I found the translation of "KALIMAAT" ("WORDS") very impressive.

When I read your thoughts about GB's publication and the "Unity of Religions", I had to wonder if that "Unity of Religions" concept was solely his idea or a seed planted by someone else. Do you know the answer to that question?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,558
Default

Thank you Ron— and of course Chad and David.

In terms of the Unity of Religions, here goes:

I began to delve (randomly) through whatever documents I had, and luckily for me the answer was found rather quickly— and lo and behold, and as the Doctor told Boxfox in his dream, the answer is in his books.

I found reference to the Unity or Religions in a book authored by Doctor Dahesh (Strange Tales and Wondrous Legends — Part 3!) In particular: Doctor Dahesh reprinted key magazine articles dating back (in part) to 1946. In one of the transcripts, the magazine called "Al Mukhtasar" (The Brief) said in the September 15, 1946 issue (and I paraphrase and summarize greatly):
"Since from now on we will be focusing on the Dahesh incident we must say something about his calling — since it was the reason for all the events that occurred. The gist of it is that the man believes that the three religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are at the same level.

And he wants to take the essence of these faiths and group them into one religion.

And he sees that this is the best way for the people in the (Middle) East to get along (etc).

[...] And we did not mention anything about the Jews because there is nothing in the details we received that points at what the Jewish Religious circle thinks of this new faith. And that may be due to their lack in numbers in Lebanon. Or, it may be that they do not wish to get involved in this affair after it led to all these results."

Therefore, the "concept" is all Doctor Dahesh's. He essentially was the first to call for the Jews, Christians, and Muslims to come together under the banner of one religion — for peace's sake.
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."

Last edited by Daheshville; 11-23-2008 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Even few in Lebanon, there's a person that do a huge amount of work and no one mention him still i deeply believe he will get his right when the time cames.
This Message have the right people in it and sooner or later these people will ask for there wings to fly with this holy message high.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong in honoring anyone working on behalf of Daheshism without asking for anything in return — and that includes public recognition.

Please feel free to mention anyone who you feel merits recognition and accolades.
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Personally, I don't see anything wrong in honoring anyone working on behalf of Daheshism without asking for anything in return — and that includes public recognition.

Please feel free to mention anyone who you feel merits recognition and accolades.
I would say, unless the person would prefer not to be recognized, please do mention them. Do this so that others will be encouraged to do likewise.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Thank you Ron— and of course Chad and David.

In terms of the Unity of Religions, here goes:

I began to delve (randomly) through whatever documents I had, and luckily for me the answer was found rather quickly— and lo and behold, and as the Doctor told Boxfox in his dream, the answer is in his books.

I found reference to the Unity or Religions in a book authored by Doctor Dahesh (Strange Tales and Wondrous Legends — Part 3!) In particular: Doctor Dahesh reprinted key magazine articles dating back (in part) to 1946. In one of the transcripts, the magazine called "Al Mukhtasar" (The Brief) said in the September 15, 1946 issue (and I paraphrase and summarize greatly):
"Since from now on we will be focusing on the Dahesh incident we must say something about his calling — since it was the reason for all the events that occurred. The gist of it is that the man believes that the three religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are at the same level.

And he wants to take the essence of these faiths and group them into one religion.

And he sees that this is the best way for the people in the (Middle) East to get along (etc).

[...] And we did not mention anything about the Jews because there is nothing in the details we received that points at what the Jewish Religious circle thinks of this new faith. And that may be due to their lack in numbers in Lebanon. Or, it may be that they do not wish to get involved in this affair after it led to all these results."

Therefore, the "concept" is all Doctor Dahesh's. He essentially was the first to call for the Jews, Christians, and Muslims to come together under the banner of one religion — for peace's sake.
In light of this, we should exercise care so as not to disparage the concept. It may be true that an individual has hijacked the concept for their own glorification. But the concept itself is going to be extremely difficult to promote.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 by StudioView Interactive, LLC.