Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Library > Separating Myth from Reality

Notices

Old 07-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussein
Dear Mario,
You say” As for the Doctor never saying that he was a prophet (in those exact words)... I am not sure I agree with that statement”
“Also, often people spoke to him as a prophet, and they used that term”.

Dear Hussein,

I don't think you read my comments here ...

http://forum.daheshville.com/showthread.php?t=65

Best Regards,

Mario
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Hussein Hussein est déconnecté

Dear Mario,
i didn't aim any quarrel, and i'm sorry if my words meant that. i told you before i'm not a good english speaker.
Both of us are trying to deffence his viewpoint, and show how did everyone of Daheshists understand the Daheshism. and i hope that will help the others some how.
Best regards.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Dear Hussein,

Likewise and I am sorry if I offended you in any way.
This place (Daheshville) is meant to be a "model." That does not mean it will be "perfect" every time. There will be ups and downs, and what better way to show to the uninitiated public that Daheshists CAN think for themselves and are not blind followers of those who claim to have to key to knowledge and use that claim to exert power and pressure... How I miss the OLD generation...

So far, and I hate to burst anyone's bubble, many of the "Daheshists" that were closest to the Doctor (some whom I dedicated a LOT of attention, support, and energy to, in order to make the Doctor happy) turned out to be a huge, miserable, and shameful disappointment... Not because of their actions, and heaven knows I am not perfect, but by virtue of their arrogance and refusal to admit they made mistakes.

Would you believe that one such person went as far as telling me "If you have to, LIE in the name of the Doctor, and say a prayer in your heart for the Spirit to absolve your action..."

In other words, had I listened to that misguided (LEADER) I would have said "But Hussein, I swear by the name of... that he said I am a prophet..."

But no. I didn't. I followed my intuition and found what I believe to be evidence.

I'll tell you why Daheshville was created: so that we never, ever, have tyrants among us and that we never, ever, become a cult.

I commend you for having the courage to participate.

Regards,

Mario

Last edited by Mario; 07-08-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Hussein Hussein est déconnecté

Dear Mario,
i think , i know what you are talking about , and i think i know that brother even.
But, We believe that there is a God, and will count the biggest mistakes as the smallest, so let God judge them, who ever they are.
And now , If we are working for any person,let us stop , but if we are working for our Beloved Guiding Prophet, let us go to the end,and never be scared of any , what ever happened or going to be happen. We are the servents of Dahesh and Daheshism, and this honour us, what ever the results are.
just be patient a little bit more.
Best regards.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Daheshville Daheshville est déconnecté
Administrator

Default Memoirs of a Dinar in English

We found a couple of copies available for sale on Amazon.com as well as BarnesandNoble.com

Evidently, this went into service on June 1, 2006. From the looks of the sales rank on Amazon.com, it doesn't seem as if anyone knows about it... It is not even featured on the Daheshist Heritage bookstore itself, for some odd reason.

The translator is an Egyptian by the name of Wadida Wassef. She seems to be quite legit and established. However, we have not seen the actual book in English, therefore we cannot —as of yet— praise it based on a fair comparison with the original.

In any case, here are the ISBN numbers if anyone is interested in grabbing the copies available online:

• ISBN-10: 1931126054
  • ISBN-13: 978-1931126052
The Fine Print:

The preceding was a public service announcement from Daheshville.com.

Neither Daheshville.com nor anyone remotely connected with it—in this universe or beyond— receives any dividends (cash, coins, livestock, eggs, dairy products at large, vegetables and legumes, etc.) of any kind from the sale of the book.