Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Grand Plaza > Notable Quotes by Citizens of Daheshville

Notices

Old 10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Daheshville Daheshville est déconnecté
Administrator

Default Winged Paladin on Daheshism

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedPaladin View Post
I come here with a strong Latter-Day Saint bias. This faith is my life. It is a large part of who I am and the basis for what I love - it is the means of how I found God in this life. Daheshism has done me a great service in that it has strengthened and solidified my belief in the more out-of-this-world doctrines that Joseph Smith, Jr. and Brigham Young were trying to teach the members. It seems to describe them in more plainness and clarity than I have ever heard before. I'm beginning to understand more and more that despite the different faces and views the religions of this world have, we all share the same undercurrent and dip from the same well which is God.
Every time such words are expressed, hope is renewed.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Jules Jules est déconnecté

Default as Daheshists....

as Daheshists we can gather from each other...the power, the insight, the promise of all religions if we allow it to be so:

A Thought to Ponder from The Urantia Book

"While your religion is a matter of personal experience, it is most important that you should be exposed to the knowledge of a vast number of other religious experiences ... to the end that you may prevent your religious life from becoming egocentric - circumscribed, selfish, and unsocial."

respectfully, Observer Jules
Old 07-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Default It matters not...Fate, need not block our way...

"One ship sails east and another sails west

With the self same wind that blows.

"Tis the set of the sail, and not the gale

Which determines the way they go."

It is of the utmost importance that we set the sails of the barque of our lives as we want and never scruple about interfering with fate.

This disposes also of the idea of "affirmations" as a factor in life. This in itself is folly. It is work and action that we need in life, as you will readily see by an illustration. Suppose a little seed of those beautiful carnations were endowed with speech, and it came to us saying, "I am a carnation." Would you not answer: "No, you are not a carnation, you foolish little thing. You have the potentiality in you, but you will have to go out into the garden and bury yourself for a while and grow. By that process alone can you become a carnation, never by affirmation." Similarly with ourselves. All the "affirmations" of Divinity are in vain unless accompanied by actions of a divine character. Deeds will prove our divinity as words never can.

This basically, from the Mysticism of the Rosicrucians...
...I see a connection to our beloved prophet Doctor Dahesh..anyone else?
Old 09-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Y.S. Y.S. est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
"One ship sails east and another sails west

With the self same wind that blows.

"Tis the set of the sail, and not the gale

Which determines the way they go."

It is of the utmost importance that we set the sails of the barque of our lives as we want and never scruple about interfering with fate.

This disposes also of the idea of "affirmations" as a factor in life. This in itself is folly. It is work and action that we need in life, as you will readily see by an illustration. Suppose a little seed of those beautiful carnations were endowed with speech, and it came to us saying, "I am a carnation." Would you not answer: "No, you are not a carnation, you foolish little thing. You have the potentiality in you, but you will have to go out into the garden and bury yourself for a while and grow. By that process alone can you become a carnation, never by affirmation." Similarly with ourselves. All the "affirmations" of Divinity are in vain unless accompanied by actions of a divine character. Deeds will prove our divinity as words never can.

This basically, from the Mysticism of the Rosicrucians...
...I see a connection to our beloved prophet Doctor Dahesh..anyone else?
Thanks so much Jules for this great post. It remembers us as Daheshsists of the words of apostle James (2:14-26) where he explains how deeds are more important than faith. It's by good deeds that we grow in faith, it's by being faithful with our faith and by applying it's heavenly commandments we achieve our goals in life. Indeed, aren't our spiritual needs and goals the same when we share same faith with heavenly brotherly love ? I believe the answer is yes; but they are executed by a lofty spiritual fluid that we accept and (set our sails of life according to it's goal). Amen.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 PM

The parallel...
The uneasiness of our time here on Earth as explained through quotes of French Mystic, Louis Claude de St Martin and by Beloved Prophet, Dr. Dahesh (Salim Moussa Achi)

"Man's head is raised towards heaven, and for this reason he finds nowhere to repose it on earth"
-- Louis Claude de St Martin-- (aka: Unknown Philosopher) 1743-1803

"I am a stranger in this world, and great is my longing for the hour of my return to my true homeland"
-- Dr Dahesh (Salim Moussa Achi)-- 1909-1984

Respectfully, Observer Jules

Last edited by Daheshville; 03-20-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Correcting the way Doctor Dahesh's real name is officially spelt in English: Salim Moussa Achi
Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 PM

Default this from

this quote seems so very Daheshist......

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

-- Dalai Lama

Old 05-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
this quote seems so very Daheshist......

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

-- Dalai Lama

It's true that no temple (a physical edifice) could ever replace one's innermost and one-to-one connection with the Creator, I must chime in here and say that the formation of an official Daheshist religion, and the building of a Daheshist Temple were vital to Doctor Dahesh; in fact, he told me, verbatim, "Do you know, dear sir, that one day we shall have a temple?" He didn't mean a metaphorical temple. Furthermore, my one eyes have seen his own writing describe the qualities a Daheshist priest should have. A temple is, ultimately, a school and a place where the faithful (true, genuine faithful) long to go, in order to meet and give one another strength, and hope (among others).
Old 05-20-2017, 07:09 PM

Smile in regards to Daheshist Temple...

in regards to Daheshist Temple...

Thank you Mario, While I look forward to a glorious edifice...
....perhaps it is "that Spiritual Temple" living within each Daheshist, that finally gives way to the material Temple envisioned by our Guiding Prophet ... through the process of "Action follows Thought"

Yet, so it is, the Spiritual Temple comes with the warranty of "forever" while, realistically, the material temple is subject to the ravages of time.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:35 AM
zionic zionic est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Temples are subject to the ravages of time, this is true. And yet there is little on this Earth that is better preserved than temples.

Temples often mark the rebooting of civilization.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Default Temples - Spirtitual or Material...

Love your remark:

"Temples often mark the rebooting of civilization."

Thank you zionic for this most positive take....

Observer Jules