Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Open Air Lounge > Off Topic Café

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,560
Default About this "End of the World" Business

Question: When should you NOT believe that the world is ending?
Answer: When everybody thinks it is.

Yes, I know the planet has been destroyed hundreds of times (according to Daheshist belief) but doesn't anybody wonder if these "moments" come totally unannounced?

Let me tell you something: the "End of the World" means different things to different people. When someone you love tells you they have cancer, that's the "End of the World." When a jet plane filled with passengers and fuel becomes a missile and rams the WTC, that's the "End of the World"... Everytime someone suffers in a torture chamber, that's the "End of the World". It's all relative.

Sure, there will be time when we will all "vanish" (again, according to prophecy). But, can we, instead of worrying about it, focus on being better human beings? Shouldn't we, anyway, live every moment as if it was our last? But, of course, we can't simply erase the past by going to confession. Plus, if you're waiting until the end to be a better person, all the best...

"The End."

Last edited by Mario; 07-25-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2007, 04:06 AM
zionic zionic est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Question: When should you NOT believe that the world is ending?
Answer: When everybody thinks it is.

Yes, I know the planet has been destroyed hundreds of times (according to Daheshist belief) but doesn't anybody wonder if these "moments" come totally unannounced?

Let me tell you something: the "End of the World" means different things to different people. When someone you love tells you they have cancer, that's the "End of the World." When a jet plane filled with passengers and fuel becomes a missile and rams the WTC, that's the "End of the World"... Everytime someone suffers in a torture chamber, that's the "End of the World". It's all relative.

Sure, there will be time when we will all "vanish" (again, according to prophecy). But, can we, instead of worrying about it, focus on being better human beings? Shouldn't we, anyway, live every moment as if it was our last? But, of course, we can't simply erase the past by going to confession. Plus, if you're waiting until the end to be a better person, all the best...

"The End."
I never quite bought into the end-of-the-world business. Jesus didn't buy it either. I've always been looking forward to a "new heaven and a new Earth" in the sense of it being a transformation of what we have had up to now.

The thousands of years of human history, development and experience are all spiritually significant. At some point of human history it all has to come to a head among some people somewhere, where a critical mass of consciousness has been attained sufficient to see a world we previously had no eyes to see. It will at the time appear to have come suddenly out of nowhere, but in fact all those centuries of human experience will be what led to the required leap forward in consciousness.

The human experience (and its equivalents throughout the worlds of God) is important. God proposes to give a redeemed humanity all of God's power so as to join God is Her never-ending and glorious work of Creation. It takes a long time for God to try the gold and mold the mold, meaning y'all and I, so as to step up to that work.

Anyway, in my estimation so far God is sharing all His Power and Glory with Jane Jacobs presently....you'll need the guidance and miracle-working wonders of dear sweet St. Jane to develop Daheshville and the city-region roundabout.

Last edited by zionic; 01-17-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionic View Post
I never quite bought into the end-of-the-world business. Jesus didn't buy it either. I've always been looking forward to a "new heaven and a new Earth" in the sense of it being a transformation of what we have had up to now.

The thousands of years of human history, development and experience are all spiritually significant. At some point of human history it all has to come to a head among some people somewhere, where a critical mass of consciousness has been attained sufficient to see a world we previously had no eyes to see. It will at the time appear to have come suddenly out of nowhere, but in fact all those centuries of human experience will be what led to the required leap forward in consciousness.

The human experience (and its equivalents throughout the worlds of God) is important. God proposes to give a redeemed humanity all of God's power so as to join God is Her never-ending and glorious work of Creation. It takes a long time for God to try the gold and mold the mold, meaning y'all and I, so as to step up to that work.

Anyway, in my estimation so far God is sharing all His Power and Glory with Jane Jacobs presently....you'll need the guidance and miracle-working wonders of dear sweet St. Jane to develop Daheshville and the city-region roundabout.
I too always thought that a "new heaven and a new Earth" was always a possibility. For the entertainment of those who from time to time like to contemplate the possibilities consider this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-prt5d6m6s

In the preceding video, it makes reference to St Malachy and his predictions about successive popes of which they are only two more to come. The popes seem to have gone out of the way to adopt names that adhere to the predicted names. The cardinals even joke about the predictions by pretending to have the characteristics of the next predicted name.

Also in the preceding video, Terence McKenna appears. In other material I have seen, Terence McKenna claims that during his discovery of the charting technique he had no knowledge of the Mayan Calendar that ends on the date that McKenna's charting technique predicts the end of time.

Last edited by Loup Solitaire; 11-26-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

This debate has probably been in the hearts and minds of people... well, maybe since Noah... I think what remained of humanity thought they would be ok for a while since God promised not to flood the earth again and sealed the deal with a rainbow.

I think this time around it is in the hands of all who are here on earth right now... much as it always has been really. Nothing is a "given" but I do believe there are certain "deserved givens". In the Old Testament (and frankly most cultures have some sort of a story of great waters that came thereby wiping out most of the earth's population) it is written that God's wrath came down because of his displeasure with the wickedness of humankind. Now imagine how wicked humankind can be to their fellow carbon units in this day and age! I cannot imagine what existed back in Noah's time begins to approach the widespread capacities that exist today for "wickedness". In the end, it is what is truly deep within each of our hearts and intents that matters... and as goes our hearts, so goes our intents and actions.

That being said... in a rather fluffy little book called "Illusions" by Richard Bach (of Jonathan Livingston Seagull fame) subtitled "...the adventures of a reluctant Messiah..." There is a line that states...

"Here is a simple test to see if your mission here on earth is finished yet.... If you're still alive, it isn't..."

And so it is how we should live. Will the world "end" today? Yeah, maybe... tomorrow?, its possible... 1,000 years from now?... who knows? It is HOW we live that matters. Our deaths here on Mother Earth are a certainty already... that we already know... as it has been for all the people and every living thing before us.

In the movie "Braveheart", Mel Gibson has a great line from William Wallace... "...every man dies, but not every man truly lives..."

Contemplating our physical deaths or the physical deaths of those we love is a very difficult concept. As we are alive, and the state of "alive"is really the only state we can really relate to, as in, its become the "norm"... any other state seems so radically different and "end of the world-like".

In the end, (figurative and literal meaning implied), our deaths or collective deaths, while in general frightening to most, is in fact another spiritual transition within the scheme of all our lives. Will we see our loved ones again? Yes, I emphatically believe we will... we found them in our current lives didn't we? and we did not have much conscious effort in making that happen this time around... Did we live the lives that we truly could? Did we do everything we could? That is a good question to ask ourselves... every day.

It is really easy to try and talk so rationally about the "end"... whether individually or collectively. As Mario had said earlier, the "end" is quite relative... As I sit and type here, it is very easy to be so academic and matter-of-fact about such personal and often frightening thoughts. I think we all go through cycles of various points of feeling more at less at ease with these eventualities.

For myself, I always think "yeah, I could have done more here or there..." "yeah, I could have been a better or stronger person in this situation or that..." So what does one do? We get up each day and try again... and try to be and do our best. Is there something you think you should be doing but are waiting to be asked or waiting for tomorrow? Is there a resolution with someone that you are waiting for another day to resolve? If we get another day, well, that is a blessing and ya got lucky... Carpe Diem... Sieze the Day~!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
............ If we get another day, well, that is a blessing and ya got lucky... Carpe Diem... Seize the Day~!
As I think back over my life, I have always been most attracted to people who did not sit and wait for an invitation to life, but rather, those who rose early in the morning to pursue it. Unfortunately......., I did not always apply this wisdom to my life.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronschaum View Post
As I think back over my life, I have always been most attracted to people who did not sit and wait for an invitation to life, but rather, those who rose early in the morning to pursue it. Unfortunately......., I did not always apply this wisdom to my life.
Based on your words alone, you seem like the kind of person who gives credit where credit is due.

In other words, instead of feeling resentful, you feel admiration.

That in of itself is important building block.

Here's my 2 cents (and I am almost 50...): Every person has his or her own special sets of circumstances and things are never what they seem to be on the outside. Therefore, what may seem as someone else's bliss to the observer, may in fact be their living hell... or not... After all, there are those who are definitely blessed with everything we don't have — and that's because they merited it from a previous reincarnation (and I use the word "previous" with a warning label, since in "reality" time is an illusion and we do have parallel worlds existing simultaneously)

My point...

Here goes: As long as there is a tomorrow, there is hope.

Hope for what?

My take: Hope to inch more towards improving whatever facets of our personality, behavior pattern, etc., one baby step at a time.

Using others as an example is fantastic. But at the end of the day, one should (metaphorically) close the shutters and look oneself straight in the mirror and say "I know you're not perfect, but I love you anyway, and God Willing, together, we will do what is right."

On a parallel track: I find the best way to start anything is not to even think about it.

I remember never getting around to studying every time I prepared heavily for it.

Today, I can knead the dough, bake a pizza, draw a conceptual drawing, record music, annoy a few people on Daheshville, bake another pizza, record a movie, bang out an audio track... all in one day.

Hold on... here is the punchline... I do all of that without thinking about it.

Now, let's use the WayBack machine and visit Dennis Frenchman's office at M.I.T., where I was lamenting the fact I could not put ideas clearly on paper nor express myself in a coherent manner. In fact, back in those days, everyone dreaded the prospect of having me as group partner.

However, there was the creative element already, so my professor said something to me which I will never forget:

"Your problem, Mario, is that you are a holistic thinker."

"What's that?"

"Your left and right brain are trying to function at the same time. That's not easy... give it time."

Lo and behold, halfway through my thesis deadline, and a series of humiliating reviews... I remember sitting down and stuff pouring out of me.

My subconscious had taken over and I was on autopilot.

I don't want to brag, but I went from being "most likely not to finish his Thesis" to "First to present"

I got the highest grade. The thesis was perhaps the shortest on record. The bibliography was one page. And, my toughest critic subsequently used it as one of the examples in his "Thesis Prep" course.

The moral: What often seems to us as "inability" is merely "gears not locking in correctly"

Incidentally, I've compiled an interesting collection of presentations that tackle the process of drawing in particular (for example). Many feel drawing is a matter of being artistically gifted. I, on the other hand, feel that it is not a privilege but a right.

In other words, anyone, given the right circumstances, will master the already preprogrammed ability to draw. Again, the key is trusting the subconscious (in part).

The rest... is easy.

If you're interested, check out the samples on YouTube, search for "Chakkour".

In closing, I recommend engaging in an activity that favor holistic thinking, such as flying an airplane... or learning an instrument, and most certainly, drawing.

Last edited by Mario; 11-26-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post

Now, let's use the WayBack machine and visit Dennis Frenchman's office at M.I.T., where I was lamenting the fact I could not put ideas clearly on paper nor express myself in a coherent manner. In fact, back in those days, everyone dreaded the prospect of having me as group partner.

However, there was the creative element already, so my professor said something to me which I will never forget:

"Your problem, Mario, is that you are a holistic thinker."
I wholly accept what you say. Unfortunately, I had to wait longer than you for Mr Frenchman. In fact, it was Ms Frenchman. In fact, she wasn't that explicit. She simply let me demonstrate it to myself. But to be honest, I don't think I really could keep up with you these days. I don't have enough brain cells left. My reference, was to times in the past and if anybody reads this who is young, I hope they take it to heart.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronschaum View Post
As I think back over my life, I have always been most attracted to people who did not sit and wait for an invitation to life, but rather, those who rose early in the morning to pursue it. Unfortunately......., I did not always apply this wisdom to my life.
Dear Ron... We are all gettin' on in years, my friend. It sounds very trite and sugary fluffy goodness for me to say, that as long as there is a tomorrow, there is hope to change something. Yeah, maybe the grand gestures we can't change... I would have loved to have settled in Hawaii 20 years ago, but I didn't... I would have loved to maybe explored other career paths, but I didn't do that either...

But, there are little things I can change; little improvements that can maybe help alleviate the pains of all the other things and make what it is I DO have not seem so bad...

Look, I know how it is when the hammer is hitting your thumb... and someone comes along and says... "hey buddy! Cheer up! Tomorrow is another new day!"... Yeah, I'd want to kill that guy too... When the hammer is banging on your digit, THAT is the task at hand that is in the forefront of your mind (and pain receptors!) and all the other stuff kind of gets drowned out... without going in to details... I've been there, done that... and every day is a daily effort to move forward here too...

So yeah, I hear you and I know others here do as well. While my spiritual beliefs cannot always alleviate the hammer hitting the thumbs of my life, they do calm me with perspective and hopefully some degree of growth.

I pray for some of the same for you.

Take care, David
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Y.S. Y.S. est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 177
Default

Greetings brothers and sisters. My respects to you all.
Dear brother Mario,

I need to ask an important question please.

We all know that planet Earth underwent hundreds of life cycles where new civilizations of high technological capabilities rose, and many civilizations died.

We know that according to our guiding beloved prophet, we are on the verge of the last life cycle.

My question is: Can we conclude that a new life cycle may be born after the present one? if not, does it mean that planet Earth will be no more; or vanish from existence?

Last edited by Y.S.; 09-19-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.S. View Post
My question is: Can we conclude that a new life cycle may be born after the present one? if not, does it mean that planet Earth will be no more; or vanish from existence?
As regards your first question, read "The Letter of Father Noah," particularly the epilogue.

As to the second question, it all depends on whether or not there are Spiritual Fluids whose ranking is below that of Earth, which sits on the threshold of the upper and lower worlds (see my "Summary of Daheshism" essay). As long as these Fluids have not elevated themselves, they would still need realms to materialize in. And as long as you have infernal realms, you'll need a threshold (i.e., the spiritual dimension in which Earth exists). That's my opinion, of course.
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 by StudioView Interactive, LLC.