Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Debate Center > Religion versus Spirituality

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
New Mexico — for sure!
I had previously investigated the terrain and climate of Arizona, but I hadn't thought as much about New Mexico. But I see it is arid and cooler in the summer than Arizona. Do you think Dr Dahesh would have liked New Mexico?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul Loup View Post
Do you think Dr Dahesh would have liked New Mexico?
To the bests of my recollection, I do not remember him mentioning N.M.

Ideally, we would have access to his books chronicling his travels around the world.

But let's say we will never know the definitive answer to that question:

We already know where he grew up and the places he loved visiting (from the books we already have at our disposal). Therefore, climate-wise, I would have to say "why not?"

However, beyond that issue, we have the one pertaining to Spiritual Fluids. In other words, had he been with us, most likely he would have given us specific instructions based on Spiritual Revelations.

Or...

Such an event has already taken place and the information is sealed — or perhaps still undiscovered...

On a side-note: you probably remember all the "debates" that went on regarding the Museum (and by "Museum" I mean the non-profit organization that would eventually assume all responsibility for preserving and exhibiting His collection).

To summarize: Some people (and I paraphrase) are of the opinion that the Museum knows what it is doing and (maybe) there is a valid reason for everything that transpired, starting with the Museum publicly disavowing Doctor Dahesh the Prophet.

Not too long after these "debates" the Museum closed its doors and became (mainly) a store while lending parts of its collection to other museums in its valiant (yes, that was sarcasm) to perpetuate awareness about... ACADEMIC ART.

People, who cares about Daheshism! It's all about ACADEMIC ART, get it?

Perhaps the fact that Syracuse University is showing Doctor Dahesh's collection — despite the "homeless" status of the Museum — is a testament to Doctor Dahesh's own vision. And I know that all those who still support the Museum's actions have convinced themselves that the Museum is a ... martyr. And to those people, I would like to (once again) ask the following question:

If a famous magazine contacted you and asked you to deny or verify "rumors" about Doctor Dahesh being a Prophet and Miracle Worker, what would you say?

Do you seriously believe you could be the reason such words would be published:

Kaplan goes even further. Speaking on behalf of the board, she denies that Dr. Dahesh founded the spiritual movement. "He didn't establish it," Kaplan says. "The fact is, these people (Daheshists,) that's what they say. He never proclaimed himself anything, not a prophet, not a reincarnation. He never claimed anything that people are claiming for him. He was born a Christian, and he must have been very charismatic.".

In other words, do you think you can, in addition to publicly saying that Doctor Dahesh was not a Prophet, call all the Daheshists around the world (living or dead) liars?

If you can honestly think you can do that, just because someone brainwashed you into believing this would be a good thing, then I am here to tell you that you are gravely mistaken.

Anyway, and back to our regularly scheduled show: Whether New Mexico or Arizona, Massachusetts or New York, it's all good.

I mean, look at what the Latter Days Saints did with "the land that nobody wanted" (I am quoting Brigham Young correctly).

For my money, and given what transpired, I'll probably even take Cleveland, Ohio over Greenwich, Connecticut any day.

When certain Spiritual Fluids leave a particular place or person... that's it.
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default More on "Abbot George Burke"

I am certain that Dr Dahesh did and would still caution anyone about people with hidden agendas and devious motives. And I think Mario also has offered caution about such things. When I stumbled on a web page referencing some thoughts from George Burke, I didn't buy into the complete philosophical views of "Abbot George Burke". But I did find some of the information interesting especially regarding historical references about views held by different peoples of history regarding reincarnation.

One can hardly get an accurate perception of an individual through a single glance. Again, my curiosity was aroused and I looked closer. And again, I stumbled across references to the "man, George Burke". Obviously, others have taken a close look at this man and I find interesting their observations.
Following is a link to an article by Fr. Anthony Nelson posted on the Orthodox Christian Information Center web site: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/general/monasteryicons.aspx .

According to Fr. Anthony Nelson, George Burke was already becoming notorious in the 1970's. He has had a checkered past while waffling from one religious cult to another. Does any of this sound familiar? He evidently used each as a platform to flatter himself and construct a base to suit his objectives of self glorification.

Now that is not to say that all beliefs referenced and espoused by him are invalid. The problem is that he used it all to accomplish his own vain ends. Often he interjected patently erroneous information into his espoused beliefs. Often dragging innocent people into a cult of his own making. It is implied that he participated in idolatry and other questionable practices. Significant beliefs and persons of history have been constantly pirated and acclaimed by people with devious intent for as long as there has been organized religion. All the more reason why there is a need for Prophets to be continually returned to this Earth to straighten out the mess created by charlatans and others who would manipulate pious people for there own gain.

Read through the link and evaluate it for yourself.

In the meantime, I apologize if I have given credibility and recognition to someone who may not merit it.

Last edited by Loup Solitaire; 04-23-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul Loup View Post
In the meantime, I apologize if I have given credibility and recognition to someone who may not merit it.
The good news is that — as far as this particular "journey" is concerned — you've reached a deeper understanding.

It's easy for me to tell you — outright — "he's a charlatan." But — and at the risk of sounding presumptuous — that would have robbed you of your rite of passage. And if you were conflicted about the issue, that's OK.

Why do I say that?

Well, here is another "blast from the past" (before you joined us, as a matter of fact) where I retell a story I heard from the mouth of Doctor Dahesh Himself.

My goal in showing this (once again) is simply to demonstrate how no one, practically, is immune to doubt — at least, as far as the Daheshists are concerned. And I do consider you a Daheshist even though — of course — I don't (supposedly) have the authority to proclaim you as being one, as I am sure those who secretly consider themselves "holy men" would disagree and scoff at the mere thought.

Well, these people are free to email complaints at :

"Cupsoon@BossNejmeh.comedy"
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."

Last edited by Mario; 04-23-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Sandrine's Avatar
Sandrine Sandrine est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
And I do consider you a Daheshist even though — of course — I don't (supposedly) have the authority to proclaim you as being one, as I am sure those who secretly consider themselves "holy men" would disagree and scoff at the mere thought.

Well, these people are free to email complaints at :

"Cupsoon@BossNejmeh.comedy"
Mario, are you saying that these "holy men" would scoff at your considering Seul Loup to be a Daheshist or are you saying that they would scoff at the idea that Seul Loup is a Daheshist ?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Mario's Avatar
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Mario, are you saying that these "holy men" would scoff at your considering Seul Loup to be a Daheshist or are you saying that they would scoff at the idea that Seul Loup is a Daheshist ?
Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say that they would scoff at the idea of my having the audacity to deem anyone (may it be "Seul Loup" or anyone else for that matter) to be a Daheshist — or not be a Daheshist. And, in the interest of full disclosure, I have recently (and publicly) declared another individual to be an enemy to Daheshism. And as far as that was concerned, "Seul Loup" and all the other members of the Dahesh Society of America (all natural born citizens of the United States) came together to defend the good name of Doctor Dahesh.
__________________
"Fail, to succeed."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Loup Solitaire's Avatar
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post

And I do consider you a Daheshist even though — of course — I don't (supposedly) have the authority to proclaim you as being one, as I am sure those who secretly consider themselves "holy men" would disagree and scoff at the mere thought.
Whether you do or do not have the authority, I'm taking your comment as a compliment. However, I am content to be patient before I make such a declaration. I believe I recall a quote from someone that Dr Dahesh himself said it takes twenty years to arrive at an understanding sufficient to qualify a person as a Daheshist. In my mind, deep understanding is like the finest wine. It takes time before it reaches its' peak. Unlike some people we have encountered, I do not want to hurry, so that I may declare myself something unusual. Although I gain from progress through the process, this process is not about me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 by StudioView Interactive, LLC.