Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Lecture Hall > Daheshism 101 > The Daheshist Teachings — Dr. Ghazi Brax

Notices

Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Hussein Hussein est déconnecté

Default The Daheshist Teachings "part1"

The Daheshist Teachings:

They may be summarized in the following fundamental principles:

I - God:

Daheshism believes that God is the Power that has created the universe, the known of it and the unknown; that He is the Beginning and the End, the Mystery of Life, the Lord of reward and punishment, and the Source of every knowledge, power, and pure love. To Him Dr. Dahesh and the Daheshists raise their prayers, and from Him they ask forgiveness and help, and in Him they see a compassionate Father for them and for the entire creation.

The Daheshists refrain from exploring the essence of Deity, because they are certain that it is beyond human reason, and that nothing could be derived from such discussion except more intellectual confusion.

2 - The World of the Spirits:

This world is the beginning of the Creation and its end; It is the Divine Mind administering the universe, and controlling its laws; It is eternal and everlasting, beyond material bonds of time-space. It is made of Heavens constituted of 150 spiritual degrees. Its beings are the Holy Spirits, the origins of every creature; they are pure, glorious, free of any blemish, corruption, or any trace of matter accordingly, none may enter this world of perfection, save he who has attained spiritual perfection.
That is why Daheshism believes that the purpose of every being should be to strive, in every way, towards a continuous spiritual transcendence, aiming at freeing one's self from the attraction of the materialistic tendencies, in order to attain the Heavenly World of the Spirits where the absolute true happiness lies.

3 - Christ, the Prophets, and the Guides:

Daheshism distinguishes between "Christ" and Jesus of Nazareth. The word "Christ", in Daheshism, does not refer to the person of Jesus of Nazareth, who has been known throughout history by the name of Jesus Christ; rather it refers to a Spiritual Divine Force that constitutes the highest degrees of Heavens. This Heavenly Power is the spring of the infinite pure love, and it is the only living eternal way leading to the Creator. It is impossible for any Spirit to be united with the Creator-Power before it is united with the divine power of "Christ". In this light, Daheshism understands the meaning that Christ is a god, that he is the First Begotten Son of God, that he is a Spirit of God, and the Head of the Creation. These designations do not refer to a human being, but to the supreme, Celestial Power itself.

To this Heavenly Divine power there are spiritual extensions in all the material worlds, including the Earth. These extensions, that Daheshism calls "Spiritual Fluids", are incarnated into the prophets, among whom are Moses, Mohammad, and Jesus of Nazareth known historically by the name of Jesus Christ; they are incarnated as well, into the Guides, among whom are Lao Tsu, Confucius, Buddha, Socrates, and Gandhi.

Accordingly, Daheshism believes that the Prophetic and Guiding Fluids of all the Prophets and Guides are derived from one Divine Being, who is the "Christ". But these Fluids are of different degrees of spiritual elevation, for the Heavenly Spiritual World to which their origins belong consists of many degrees.

By this concept, the fundamental conflict between Christ¬ianity and Islam is dissipated. Jesus of Nazareth (the Issa of the Koran), is a human Prophet. As for the "Christ" (the Heavenly Spiritual Power), of whom Jesus is a part, as well as every other prophet, he is a god, for he is the image of God.

4 - The Intrinsic Unity of Religions:

Through this conception unifying the prophets and the Guides, Daheshism looks at all religions, and sees them as chapters in one book - the book of Spiritual Guidance. And among these chapters there is integration not contradiction. Each one contains a part of the Spiritual Truth, not the whole Absolute Truth, and each one is true as far as the believers in it are concerned, that is in relation to their intellectual and spiritual levels. For religions differ on the levels of knowledge and spirituality comprised in their teachings and practices, as much as the human groupings for which these religions are meant differ. For God does not oblige a •soul with more than it can endure.

This intrinsic religious unity, according to Daheshism, does not only embrace the greatest monotheistic religions, by which I mean Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, but also includes all the other religions in their origins, and before their distortion by worldly interests and unfounded speculations.

The international religious brotherhood, preached by Daheshism, has become a human need. Mankind cannot escape it if nations were to avoid tragic wars and conflicts. Confessions, in many parts of the world, are trying to avoid these historic strives, or hide them by calling the people to co-existence on the basis of mutual respect of beliefs, or on the basis of religious accommodations made by pointing out similarities between them, while disregarding the essential differences. Those points of disagreements remain the deter¬mining factor in rekindling the embers, because these differences have not been dissipated by means of a unifying faith.

The belief in the intrinsic unity of religions, as well as in the unity of the Prophets, is a way that leads to the unity of humanity, and through which alone the love of each believer broadens to encompass believers of all faiths.

Dr. Ghazi Brax
Lights upon Dr. Dahesh and Daheshism

"used with permission"
to be continued

Last edited by Hussein; 06-22-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Sandrine Sandrine est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussein
The Daheshist Teachings:

They may be summarized in the following fundamental principles:

[The belief in the intrinsic unity of religions, as well as in the unity of the Prophets, is a way that leads to the unity of humanity, and through which alone the love of each believer broadens to encompass believers of all faiths.

Dr. Ghazi Brax
Lights upon Dr. Dahesh and Daheshism

"used with permission"
Dear Hussein,

Thank you for sharing these extracts with us … and also, would you please congratulate Dr Ghazi Brax for his writings that enlighten our consciousnesses …

Sandrine
Old 04-23-2014, 02:01 PM
JZamel JZamel est déconnecté

Default original

Every thing in that texts is brilliant ,the only part that is still dark to me is this :"In this light, Daheshism understands the meaning that Christ is a god, that he is the First Begotten Son of God"
i would like to see if possible the original language transcription(maybe it has been translated), because,no offense and sorry if i sound stupid again but to me nothing else but THE GOD could be called a GOD or it is blasphemy
thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZamel View Post
Every thing in that texts is brilliant ,the only part that is still dark to me is this :"In this light, Daheshism understands the meaning that Christ is a god, that he is the First Begotten Son of God"
i would like to see if possible the original language transcription(maybe it has been translated), because,no offense and sorry if i sound stupid again but to me nothing else but THE GOD could be called a GOD or it is blasphemy
thanks
I'm not sure I'm helping here, but I'll give it a shot:

Years ago, I asked the late Dr. Farid Abou Sulaiman what the ultimate goal was. He reply was unequivocal: "To rejoin GOD."

I once asked the Doctor if he ever saw "GOD." His reply was that not even the Prophets know what GOD was. In other words, GOD is a concept that we could never understand. It's not a person, an entity, or whatever other anthropomorphic aspect we assign to it.

What we're talking about here is a god with a "lower case" "g."

In other words, "a god" is an spiritual entity that is of the highest level. It is NOT "GOD" to which it belongs. It emanates from GOD.

Speaking of Blasphemy... I would argue that referring to a highly pure spiritual entity as "a god" is no more blasphemous than having a name that has the name "Allah" in it. Take a name such as "Nasrallah... " or "Adelallah" etc.

Last edited by Mario; 04-23-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: changing "anthropological" to "anthropomorphic"... thanks a lot "autocorrect!"
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM

Default reply

Hahaha i like you man
nasrallah means thehelp of God etc
when i say blasphemy i see it like that : Christ is the purest essence essence from God's "Ruh" ,by saying god and or God it leads confusions ,my point of view anyway lol Al Lah = singular no plurial = God. Since i know how history can be perfidious lol i Watch these things lol
Old 04-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZamel View Post
Hahaha i like you man
nasrallah means thehelp of God etc
when i say blasphemy i see it like that : Christ is the purest essence essence from God's "Ruh" ,by saying god and or God it leads confusions ,my point of view anyway lol Al Lah = singular no plurial = God. Since i know how history can be perfidious lol i Watch these things lol
Thank you, likewise I'm sure.

Again, it's "a god" versus "God."

But I understand your point. The key here is that you understand that in Daheshism, there is ALMIGHTY GOD, and everything else that basks in ALMIGHTY GOD's GLORY.

While we're on the subjects of "gods"... back in a time when the concept of GOD as we (think we) know it was still on the drawing board, human beings had close encounters with alien beings (some of whom inseminated them) and that these visitors (sent by Divine order) were often referred to as "gods."

Plus, there is a this piece by Doctor Dahesh called "Thourat Ilaah" in which the "god of Earth," its guardian and caretaker shall rise and ... destroy everything. I'm not sure if this has to do with this particular cycle or it this is describing something that happened in a previous one. Not sure you know this, but life on Earth had already been created and destroyed over 700 times... I don't have the exact number handy...
Old 04-23-2014, 04:06 PM

Default agreed

I agree with all you said sir , only thing is that i ll keep my simple mind to God lol ,the holly books mentions the destruction of earth several times aswell

Last edited by JZamel; 04-23-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:37 PM
zionic zionic est déconnecté

It is not a matter for debate whether or not divine beings of various kinds and even human beings are referred to as 'gods' in such works as the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. Straight out the gate the Book of Genesis speaks of the gods ("elohim") that created the Earth and oversaw its development. Related Sumerian works upon which Genesis draws portray quite a lengthly and involved process of terra-forming operations, transport of plant and animal life from other worlds and other such things.

The Old Testament refers to God as the 'God of gods and Lord of lords'. Early Christian theologians referred to union with God in terms of a process (theosis) by which humans become 'gods by grace'. "Christ became man so that man might become god" was another approach to explaining that process.

Ismaili cosmology, which Daheshism seems to draw very deeply, involves a hierarchy of intelligences that are ordered and which have various roles that are ultimately attributed to God but which are executed practically by these intelligences. Other traditions call these beings demi-gods, avatars, enneads, archangels and the like. We can safely call these beings 'gods' in a generic kind of way, realising of course that they are not God in essence, but beings sharing in the energies that emanate from God.

As for the number of times this planet has been cycled through, I think the Ismailis say it has been 758 times, each cycle have an Adam and Eve, if memory serves.