Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Music Hall > Song and Music

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Default The March of Darrick

This short piece (military march) for a solo upright bass was inspired by Darrick Evenson's threat to me (coincidentally...on March 23, 2007)

http://www.dahesh.org/darrickgate/darrick.mp3

(Hint: "Dar-rick, Da-rick... )

Last edited by Mario; 06-20-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:23 AM
zionic zionic est déconnecté

As I played that little "ditty for DTE" in G-minor my wife said something about "fingernails" and "wet chalkboards." can't imagine what that's about.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté

I liked it. You also could have titled it "The March of The Troll".
Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronschaum View Post
I liked it. You also could have titled it "The March of The Troll".
Okay, this may be too dark or sombre for some of you... but one of my all time favorite song is Gallom's Song from Lord of the Ring.

Those who have not seen Lord of the Ring, I highly recommend it. Another one of my favorites was The Empire Strikes Back. When I first saw it, I was totally drawn to its spiritual overtones.

Not merely the good versus evil at the surface... But it almost seemed that the movie was projecting the notion that the Dark Side was a necessary evil so that "the good side of the force" can be channeled and help evolve its conduits.

Take the test of Luke Skywalker going through the cave...to me, that was bone shilling because I related it to a personal situation I knew was brewing and that somewhere, sometime, I would have to come face to face with my own "teacher" (let's call him that) and free myself of him—even though I loved him. I feared him, and him merely being present in my thought, he made me sweat... He, on the other hand, had to learn to let go. But there was no middle ground.

So watching Luke go into that Cave and come face to face with who he had always envisioned as being his enemy, only to find out later that he was his own flesh and blood... the strife... the conflict... and the finale in Return of the Jedi, all felt familiar to me, and in fact, would be played out years after that.

Anyway, that aside, I am convinced that certain authors and director are inspired to plant certain seeds in our minds. Of course, the pure scientific mind would always argue that not unless we see other life forms, truly SEE them, touch them, record them, etc. can we prove their existence.

Well... some of you may laugh at this... but, if we keep this up... we might just see them appear out of thin air, as their "frequency" drops to ours...
and they proceed to "reboot" the system...

But I do believe they are all around us, invisible to us, but very active as watch us and monitor us... I've even heard from my brother that the Sun is a Sentinel. Also, the Doctor told him "Earth, is a Planet that thinks"

Think about THAT for a second... or two. Everything is interconnected. Everything matters. Everything thought, feeling, action...

I know some might, after reading that Animals (according to Daheshism) have intelligence, consciousness, memories, desires, feelings, just like us... will try to become vegetarians... But, so the vegetables we eat... They feel and think as well.

In fact, we cannot eat without killing a life, may it be animal or vegetable.

Even inanimate objects have consciousness. Some have bad spiritual fluids, others good ones.

Sometimes it is better not to think too much... because we simply do not have the answers, and guilt may paralyze us completely...

All we can do is suffer over the questions for... years... perhaps, then come to the realization we've done our best and to leave the outcome in the hands of God. Besides, I don't think we'll ever be able to reconcile the paradox of free will and fate. In other words: A Daheshist believes they will die when their time has come. Yet, they eat to stay alive... they (may) put seat belts to avert catastrophe... and they would certainly duck is they hear gun shots!

Existence, when we spend time pondering it, is filled with dichotomy and paradoxes... It's as if we're given a juicy steak to eat, except that we have no teeth to eat it with.

Should one stop eating meat because (technically) one conscious life form has to die in order for another one to live?

Last edited by Mario; 06-22-2007 at 03:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Should one stop eating meat because (technically) one conscious life form has to die in order for another one to live?
Heck no, look at all the microbes that are going to feast on me when I die! That is the one good case against cremation and caskets.

Last edited by Loup Solitaire; 06-22-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Ron, (and regarding your Avatar) I meant to tell you that, once, a baby Raccoon fell into a gutter (or something to that effect) in the Mission House in the U.S.A.

Doctor Dahesh, for some reason, asked the family to raise him for a while and so they did.

For a while... probably over a year, there was this Raccoon running SORT of free in the house! I used to play with him a lot. Amazing creature! He had this one game he would play with me... I would be sitting in the kitchen, dangling my hand like some sort of a lure... The Raccoon would hide behind the pantry door, stalk and attack, mock-bite, then retreat... this would go on for ever...

But you couldn't leave him in a room with linoleum... he would scratch and scratch until he would FINALLY remove one square!

He got rather big.

And, one time, I am walking past one of the daughters who was sitting in the kitchen... the Raccoon was sitting like an ANGEL in her lap... I said "How did THAT happen?"

She said "I bit him"

"Pardon me?"

"I bit him"

"You bit ... him..."

"I bit him... "

"Why do you bite him?"

"Because, he bit me rather hard in the wrist, so I grabbed his paw and bit him back to show him how it felt!"

After that, the Raccoon was always docile and submissive in her presence.

Actually, what turned out was that the Raccoon was her pet Raccoon in another incarnation... So that was one connection with the family.

He would even be free to go into the Doctor's study... then one time I saw "R.K." coming out from the study while holding the Raccoon clapsed in her arms.. and I said... "What happened?" and she said "He did his business on the Doctor's carpet, so the Doctor said "take him back to his room"

Eventually, he would be returned to the wild.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
"Why do you bite him?"

"Because, he bit me rather hard in the wrist, so I grabbed his paw and bit him back to show him how it felt!"

After that, the Raccoon was always docile and submissive in her presence.
In the animal world, that how pecking order is established.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:24 PM
zionic zionic est déconnecté

There is so much in Mario's statements that could use more comment. But for now...cuz I'm a lover of all things furry and cuddly and all....

I really liked that Raccoon story.

When I was 13 or so I was doing some work an edge of our yard where our peach and plum trees were. and that's where a squirrel jumped on my shoulder and basically kind of adopted me! We'd play, he'd bite me with his very sharp teeth and he's just kinda walk around on my shoulder and arms. We did this together off and on for several months.

I don't know if this squirrel had ever been "domesticated" or not. All I know is that our 10 acre spread, most of it forest, 4 acres cleared (3 natural springs!!), was itself surrounded by hundreds of acres of yet more forest. My guess is that this squirrel was just as wild as could be. and quite fun loving, obviously!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM
AdamFriendofWonder AdamFriendofWonder est déconnecté

why not play a mormon hymn, but on a broken theremin? or even better, my little poem:

"I am a DUH-eshist, yeah it's true,

i'm a better daheshism then you!!!

who cares it i never read his books

i deflect your funny looks!!!

i'm filled with mirth and pith

Wait, Dahesh ISNT joseph smith?

shit, im leaving, you dudes too smart

swindling and deceit it my art!!!

ugh! M-----r f----r!!!"

its like a limp bizket kinda song.
Closed Thread