Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Lecture Hall > HALL of SHAME

Notices

Old 12-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Default Shame on you Trustees of the Dahesh Museum

I don't get it! On November 17, 2015, a French citizen, thinking she was attacking ISIS/ISIL, posted this attack on the Dahesh Museum's Facebook page, saying, "These people deserve the death penalty, they are psychopaths and murderers... They deserve to be tortured or the electric chair... Barbarous gang... Bunch of dogs..."

When I saw this, I was shocked that, until TODAY, not ONE MEMBER of the Dahesh Museum staff addressed this post! To be sure this woman was not irate about Academic Art, I looked her up, and lo and behold, a few minutes earlier, she had posted the same message on her wall, as a caption to a picture showing the three Paris assassins. So, that made it clear she was attacking the wrong person. And NO ONE SPOKE!!!

I'm not surprised. Almost 20 years ago (in December 1996, to be exact), the trustees disavowed Doctor Dahesh, and they acted like victims. Many "Daheshists" supported their actions.

Twenty years ago, they went, "Oh, we're not Daheshists, Daheshism is a fabrication, there is no such thing."

What did that foolish policy get you?

A terror group whose name is being confused with the precious name you once disavowed. And today, you're at the point you can neither repair the damage, or dare (even) speak of the prior religion you (purportedly, allegedly) used to belong to, and for all we know, you're the reason God's fury from Heaven has descended on Mankind.

But what the fudge do I know! I only recorded over 200 Dreams with Doctor Dahesh, a couple of them, you'd swear, describe the current situation YOU put all of us in!

Translation of the above:

Having seen your recent post, I visited your (Facebook) page, because I was shocked. There, I saw that you had posted the identical thing attacking the murderers who acted on behalf of the Islamic State — you did so, following the Paris attacks… That is why I am posting this response:

What are you talking about, Madam? Are you referring to Academic Art, or to the people who set up this Facebook page in honor of the Doctor Dahesh’s art collection? Be careful and educate yourself before hurling insults of this kind, which could potentially incite hatred and perhaps even physical violence towards the innocent.

I am American, I am a Daheshist. I knew Doctor Dahesh, and I am outraged to see the media outlets in your country use Daesh to evoke The Islamic State, or Da’ech, as the Fench refer to them…

Don’t lump everything together, dear Madam, as many people are named Daech, or Dahesh, and if you were to unleash your anger against all of Facebook pages belong to these people, you would run the risk of wasting valuable time. For your information, in English, these terrorists are also called ISIS, which is a first name to many a people.

In this particular case, you’re making a grave error because Dr. Dahesh is the founder of Daheshism, which he proclaimed on March 23, 1942. He is the quintessential man of peace, whose books inspire their readers to respect all religions. Moreover, this Facebook page is the online window of an Art Museum located in New York, which was created around artwork Dr. Dahesh had collected throughout his life.

Furthermore, I am extremely astonished that not one Dahesh Museum official has yet reacted to your post that needlessly attacks them.
Only light from knowledge and education alone will bring an end to obscurantism; and as a final thought, let me assure you that we are the first to be revolted by the fact the name of Doctor Dahesh is associated in this manner!

Last edited by Mario; 12-14-2015 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Adding Translation...
Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 AM
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté

Mario... When you pointed out to us that in the French newspaper L'Express, ISIS, or "Daesh" was being incorrectly written as "Dahesh" ...even in print this error that no one seemed to care about looked horrifying. I do not read French, but seeing the name "Dahesh" intertwined so loosely and carelessly and INACCURATELY with ANY of this ISIS situation is just devastating.

Are there cloistered, huddled circles in our Faith that are now murmuring, "We never saw this coming...?" I don't know... I don't see it... I don't see others speaking up to at the very least try to even help clarify that "Daesh" (ISIS) is NOT "Dahesh" in any way shape or form. This is HUGE folks.

This young French woman obviously connected loose Internet dots and wound up on the electronic doorstep of the Dahesh Museum. Why should she fact check/cross check or look deeper to see if she's at the wrong place in error? Why would she? What exists today of Daheshism hasn't even put up a clarification firewall to at least begin to separate and temper any connection with the misspelling of their Beloved Prophets name and the terrible repercussions that can result. Is this the continuation of the mentality from 20 years ago that Dr. Dahesh was just very "charismatic"?

That's the beauty of the Internet. We're just a few clicks away from knowing everything we need to know, and have a half a cup of Starbuck's coffee to know it in.

This French girl may be a blessing disguised as a (relatively) little knock on the door warning everyone that this could get really, really, really bad... really, really, really easily... really, really, really soon... if things like this are not dealt with immediately, preemptively and cohesively.

Really...

Last edited by Johnson; 12-14-2015 at 06:39 AM. Reason: And here's another thing...
Old 12-14-2015, 05:32 PM
zionic zionic est déconnecté

^Shudder^

http://news.yahoo.com/sikhs-feel-vul...153144951.html

A lot of folks aren't going to distinguish Daheshists from ISIS anymore than the folks that don't give a damn about the clear differences between Sikh and Muslim attire and grooming practices.

There aren't many Daheshists so maybe we'll all escape the attention of basement-dwellers. On the other hand.....oh well. Hope for the best.

Last edited by zionic; 12-14-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Mario... When you pointed out to us that in the French newspaper L'Express, ISIS, or "Daesh" was being incorrectly written as "Dahesh" ...even in print this error that no one seemed to care about looked horrifying. I do not read French, but seeing the name "Dahesh" intertwined so loosely and carelessly and INACCURATELY with ANY of this ISIS situation is just devastating.
At this rate, and given that the author, Hovel Chenorhokian — or should I call him SHOVEL Chenorhokian — ignored our requests, I'm beginning to think that this man did that on purpose. Not surprising, considering he's from Beirut, Lebanon. Also, Google DAHESH on Google.FR, and you'll see his title, "The Atroctities of Dahesh..." ranks 3rd.

I'm half Armenian; I'm disgusted to see another Armenian pull such a lowly stunt.

Quote:
Are there cloistered, huddled circles in our Faith that are now murmuring, "We never saw this coming...?" I don't know... I don't see it... I don't see others speaking up to at the very least try to even help clarify that "Daesh" (ISIS) is NOT "Dahesh" in any way shape or form. This is HUGE folks.
Don't be surprised. In 1944, many "Daheshists" remained silent as Doctor Dahesh rotted in jail and endured his hellish journey. But he made sure to "thank" them in a piece he wrote circa Dec. 1944.

Furthermore, and prior to this nutcase (I'll explain why I'm saying that) posting her attack, well over a 30 Daheshists "Liked" the post. Now, are we going to believe that none of them noticed the automated message that FB sends when any activity occurs on a post each one of them liked? And most of them SPEAK FRENCH.

Quote:
This young French woman obviously connected loose Internet dots and wound up on the electronic doorstep of the Dahesh Museum. Why should she fact check/cross check or look deeper to see if she's at the wrong place in error? Why would she? What exists today of Daheshism hasn't even put up a clarification firewall to at least begin to separate and temper any connection with the misspelling of their Beloved Prophets name and the terrible repercussions that can result. Is this the continuation of the mentality from 20 years ago that Dr. Dahesh was just very "charismatic"?

That's the beauty of the Internet. We're just a few clicks away from knowing everything we need to know, and have a half a cup of Starbuck's coffee to know it in.
First, that woman has a loose nut! Not to get into it, but after Alan confronted her and demanded she apologize, she refused. She basically said, "I'll say what I want, where I want!" (Not surprising being that she's a supporter of Marine Lepen, a right-wing nutcase herself). But this is just to give us a taste of what's coming.

Quote:
This French girl may be a blessing disguised as a (relatively) little knock on the door warning everyone that this could get really, really, really bad... really, really, really easily... really, really, really soon... if things like this are not dealt with immediately, preemptively and cohesively.
I think that ship has already sailed. If, by now, those SELECT followers of Doctor Dahesh — who turned a blind eye to the trustees disavowing him — haven't noticed the ultimate irony in all of this, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionic View Post
^Shudder^

http://news.yahoo.com/sikhs-feel-vul...153144951.html

A lot of folks aren't going to distinguish Daheshists from ISIS anymore than the folks that don't give a damn about the clear differences between Sikh and Muslim attire and grooming practices.

There aren't many Daheshists so maybe we'll all escape the attention of basement-dwellers. On the other hand.....oh well. Hope for the best.
The only way out, I think, is Daheshists mobilizing, coming together PUBLICLY, and demanding that the governments not use that acronym.