Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Debate Center > Stephen Hawking

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Daheshville Daheshville est déconnecté
Administrator

Default "There is no heaven; it's a fairy story."

Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, the cosmologist shares his thoughts on death, M-theory, human purpose and our chance existence. Read Article.

Note to Mr. Hawking:

Dear Mr. Hawking, in your interview, you say:

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark"

The radical flaw in your analogy is that the brain — a biological machine that was supposedly created from a random sets of events — is being compared to a computer, a machine that was CREATED by Man, to have a purpose and to run with software — also designed by Man.

For your analogy to be valid, the brain should be compared to something whose genesis can arguably be attributed to randomness.

Unfortunately for you, no such thing exists in nature.

The computer may die and the piece of software may turn obsolete, but the idea, the concept, the soul, whatever you wish to call it, that gave rise to the computer, will live on and reincarnate in some other form.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté

Excellent point~! Well played, Mr. Bond...

Signed,
Fairy Story Believer, not afraid of the dark
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Default Speaking of souls....

I don't know if I have ever gotten a point clarified. There has been much discussion about "fluids" but what did Dr Dahesh ever mention about the soul. Is it a distinct entity? Can it be destroyed or eliminated? Between incarnations, what happens to the soul?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seul Loup View Post
I don't know if I have ever gotten a point clarified. There has been much discussion about "fluids" but what did Dr Dahesh ever mention about the soul. Is it a distinct entity? Can it be destroyed or eliminated? Between incarnations, what happens to the soul?
Some time ago, I looked into this issue of soul versus spirit and I subsequently updated the section called "The Spiritual Fluids According to Dr. Dahesh."

I recommend you revisit that section. Basically, the soul is the aggregate of a person's spiritual fluids. And given that a person's fluids are in a constant state of "movement" — either rising or falling — that would certainly mean that the soul is in a constant state of flux. Technically-speaking, I wouldn't say that the soul — or anything for that matter — can be actually destroyed because spiritual fluids themselves cannot be destroyed (again, in the strict sense of the verb "to destroy"). Of course, if we take a piece of paper and burn it, we would have — for all practical purposes — "destroyed" it. However, and on (at least) three occasions, Doctor Dahesh instantly reconstituted these sheets of paper (Symbols I had written and burnt myself. So you can imagine the odds of anyone being able to recreate anything so private and intimate that might have been committed to paper, folded, then burnt into ashes).

But if we consider that what matters more than anything is the spiritual ranking of a soul (again, the soul being the aggregate of a person's spiritual fluids) and the smallest of mistakes could potentially (I said potentially) "destroy" what was special or unique about a person, then, yes, I would say that a soul can be destroyed.

Many people, and to bring this back into the realm of Daheshism, came into contact with Doctor Dahesh in order to receive special lofty spiritual fluids. Conversely, many were eventually dispossessed from whatever lofty spiritual fluid they were endowed with — at one time or the other.

Were their souls destroyed? Lord only knows. The good news is that we have reincarnation to redeem ourselves.

Anyway, as mentioned above, do check out (again) the section on Spiritual Fluids According to Doctor Dahesh.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté

Due to limitations of the available time, I could only breeze through what was written. But I am not finished yet. Actually, I think I understand the body and fluids. That is, I understand fluids if i think of them as forces, tendencies, accumulated experiences and learning, and inherited physical attributes. I have been influenced by others through interaction with them. This interaction results in emotional feelings, some good, some bad. And I have influenced others, some good and some bad. An accumulation of continual education taught to us by all our experiences alters and results in an unstructured, but powerful education. I have inherited physical attributes from my mother and my father who in turn inherited attributes from their parents, who in turn inherited attributes from those who came before. These attributes are in some cases things like color of hair, body build, and other genetic attributes related to the physical. But also I believe some emotional attributes, intelligence, characteristics like stubbornness, inability to trust, a calm demeanor and other personal characteristics as well. Certainly. my body came from my parents. Physically, I am them.

It has been said that the eyes are the window into the soul. I dare not generalize exactly what eyes reveal. But I find that staring at the eyes of people pictured from the past gives me an emotional sense of who these people were.

Back to fluids, I can be affected by a rock or a tree, a bird or a wild rabbit, anything that I affix my attention towards. On a recent vacation, I went to Arizona. In Arizona, I visited a place known as Sedona. The rock formations there, and the landscape move the soul. The native Americans from the region consider it a very spiritual place. They even talk of vortex's where the soul can be altered and people can be cured of illness. And since one's mental state often determines their physical state, I guess this could be possible.

This trip to Arizona altered my spiritual expectations. Many places of unique beauty, I think, can do the same.

When I was born, the hope was that a girl would be born, I sensed most of my life disappointment and frustration. And of all the possibilities, it was not my mother that was most disappointed, but my father. The only reason he considered the pregnancy was because he was trying to please my mother. Instead, in his eyes it was a wasted sacrifice. It was a burden, I was another mouth to feed, etc, etc.

Fortunately, once I became an adult and accumulated some significant accomplishments that flattered my father's ego, things improved and to use a term popular among Germans, I was the golden haired child.

A day does not go by that I do not discover some education opportunities. Recently, I started digging into the study of genealogy. The more information I collect about the past, the better I understand today. By talking with the last surviving members of the oldest generation alive, I have gained insight to how I came to be and who I am. I have discovered long hidden secrets about the dynamics of parents, grandparents and great grandparents. I have discovered my own flaws in those who preceded me.

The forces that affected them are still cascading down to me. I wonder if I am making any sense to someone reading this. If fluids are forces, I have recognized forces that affected those before me and see how they are affecting me today. Our culture is a powerful force and can be a dangerous one.

So now I am struggling to attempt to purge the negative forces and cling to the good ones. But the soul is still a mystery. Could it be a magnet that has developed a memory to attract certain attributes? And what our life is all about is trying to train this magnet to attract the best attributes and to repel the negative forces or influences. But how complex is this magnet? I will struggle to understand this until my last breath.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Y.S. Y.S. est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loup Solitaire View Post
Due to limitations of the available time, I could only breeze through what was written. But I am not finished yet. Actually, I think I understand the body and fluids. That is, I understand fluids if i think of them as forces, tendencies, accumulated experiences and learning, and inherited physical attributes. I have been influenced by others through interaction with them. This interaction results in emotional feelings, some good, some bad. And I have influenced others, some good and some bad. An accumulation of continual education taught to us by all our experiences alters and results in an unstructured, but powerful education. I have inherited physical attributes from my mother and my father who in turn inherited attributes from their parents, who in turn inherited attributes from those who came before. These attributes are in some cases things like color of hair, body build, and other genetic attributes related to the physical. But also I believe some emotional attributes, intelligence, characteristics like stubbornness, inability to trust, a calm demeanor and other personal characteristics as well. Certainly. my body came from my parents. Physically, I am them.

It has been said that the eyes are the window into the soul. I dare not generalize exactly what eyes reveal. But I find that staring at the eyes of people pictured from the past gives me an emotional sense of who these people were.

Back to fluids, I can be affected by a rock or a tree, a bird or a wild rabbit, anything that I affix my attention towards. On a recent vacation, I went to Arizona. In Arizona, I visited a place known as Sedona. The rock formations there, and the landscape move the soul. The native Americans from the region consider it a very spiritual place. They even talk of vortex's where the soul can be altered and people can be cured of illness. And since one's mental state often determines their physical state, I guess this could be possible.

This trip to Arizona altered my spiritual expectations. Many places of unique beauty, I think, can do the same.

When I was born, the hope was that a girl would be born, I sensed most of my life disappointment and frustration. And of all the possibilities, it was not my mother that was most disappointed, but my father. The only reason he considered the pregnancy was because he was trying to please my mother. Instead, in his eyes it was a wasted sacrifice. It was a burden, I was another mouth to feed, etc, etc.

Fortunately, once I became an adult and accumulated some significant accomplishments that flattered my father's ego, things improved and to use a term popular among Germans, I was the golden haired child.

A day does not go by that I do not discover some education opportunities. Recently, I started digging into the study of genealogy. The more information I collect about the past, the better I understand today. By talking with the last surviving members of the oldest generation alive, I have gained insight to how I came to be and who I am. I have discovered long hidden secrets about the dynamics of parents, grandparents and great grandparents. I have discovered my own flaws in those who preceded me.

The forces that affected them are still cascading down to me. I wonder if I am making any sense to someone reading this. If fluids are forces, I have recognized forces that affected those before me and see how they are affecting me today. Our culture is a powerful force and can be a dangerous one.

So now I am struggling to attempt to purge the negative forces and cling to the good ones. But the soul is still a mystery. Could it be a magnet that has developed a memory to attract certain attributes? And what our life is all about is trying to train this magnet to attract the best attributes and to repel the negative forces or influences. But how complex is this magnet? I will struggle to understand this until my last breath.
How important and beautiful your article is dear Ron.It touches the heart with its richness in philosophy and science. Indeed, by studying the soul and gaining better insight at it we can be nearer to God and we could be more understanding, understanding ourselves and each other and every living and non living creature in the entire universe. God bless you all.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Jules Jules est déconnecté

Default Reincarnation

Death should be regarded only as a relay in our journey; we reach it with exhausted horses, and we pause to get fresh ones able to carry us farther. But we must also pay what is due for the stage, already travelled, and until the account is settled, we are not allowed to go forward.
Louis Claude de St. Martin
Old 07-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Jules Jules est déconnecté

Default with this take on Reincarnation....

With this take on Reincarnation, I'm feeling more connnected to Daheshism;

http://www.near-death.com/reincarnat...istianity.html

respectfully, Observer Jules