Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Debate Center > The Dahesh Society . . . Myth or Reality?

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Sandrine's Avatar
Sandrine Sandrine est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.

These are all wonderful thoughts to meditate upon ... Thank you for posting them all David ...

I do like this one : "A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes"


Indeed, when negative feelings occur it’s because there’s something wrong in the way we see the world, in our thinking and in our own beliefs system …

We may become jealous, feel anger, hate … only because we believe in our own distorted thoughts, in our own lies …

We may become crazy, depressed, and show destructive attitudes simply by watching and believing 'images' that are only constructions of our own mind !

When we realize that we are living an "inside war" with all the hardness that we’ve unconsciously allowed in our life and body, in our home, in our family or in our community – bringing this 'Awareness' could be sufficient to stop the war within us and also into the world.

Believing our worrying thoughts is what brings on anxiety, sadness, fears, hatred, rage …

This is not Reality that brings on those negative feelings, it’s the way WE see This Reality … it only comes from our mind.

That’s why it is important to live in the present moment, 'Here and Now' without projecting our fears that come from the past or anticipating the future.

When we simply begin to look around at things as they really are and not as we think/believe they are or they should be … Then we become Real and Happy with what we have …

That’s why we always need to question our thoughts, for example :

"Why I am thinking that way ?

Why do I think he/she should do this or that? ... Or be like that ?

Does what he/she thinks of me really matters ? … Can I change it anyway ...and why should I change it ?

Is it really true or is it a projection of what I am thinking of myself ?

Do I respect myself (and 'the others') when I am acting or thinking the way I do ? " Etc …

Clarity takes place when we honestly answer these kinds of questions, and realize what IS really true … then we will naturally be able to act out of our kind and gentle nature.

If we remember sweet moments that we’ve had with a Loved One and try to build our life upon This Beautiful part of ourselves … everything will change in our life because we will realize that we can be Good ...Yes, we are Good and loving !

And Love is always what really matters …

Last edited by Sandrine; 07-27-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
These are all wonderful thoughts to meditate upon ... Thank you for posting them all David ...

I do like this one : "A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes"


Indeed, when negative feelings occur it’s because there’s something wrong in the way we see the world, in our thinking and in our own beliefs system …

We may become jealous, feel anger, hate … only because we believe in our own distorted thoughts, in our own lies …

We may become crazy, depressed, and show destructive attitudes simply by watching and believing 'images' that are only constructions of our own mind !

When we realize that we are living an "inside war" with all the hardness that we’ve unconsciously allowed in our life and body, in our home, in our family or in our community – bringing this 'Awareness' could be sufficient to stop the war within us and also into the world.

Believing our worrying thoughts is what brings on anxiety, sadness, fears, hatred, rage …

This is not Reality that brings on those negative feelings, it’s the way WE see This Reality … it only comes from our mind.

That’s why it is important to live in the present moment, 'Here and Now' without projecting our fears that come from the past or anticipating the future.

When we simply begin to look around at things as they really are and not as we think/believe they are or they should be … Then we become Real and Happy with what we have …

That’s why we always need to question our thoughts, for example :

"Why I am thinking that way ?

Why do I think he/she should do this or that? ... Or be like that ?

Does what he/she thinks of me really matters ? … Can I change it anyway ...and why should I change it ?

Is it really true or is it a projection of what I am thinking of myself ?

Do I respect myself (and 'the others') when I am acting or thinking the way I do ? " Etc …

Clarity takes place when we honestly answer these kinds of questions, and realize what IS really true … then we will naturally be able to act out of our kind and gentle nature.

If we remember sweet moments that we’ve had with a Loved One and try to build our life upon This Beautiful part of ourselves … everything will change in our life because we will realize that we can be Good ...Yes, we are Good and loving !

And Love is always what really matters …
Sandrine... you have posted THE post of posts. Within your words here are not only the true "secrets" of peace and happiness... but also the "secret" of life itself. So often we think we are following and feeling the meanings of the words you have written here... but so often the reality is that we are paying more lip service to them than actually being in them. To truly be within these words, and within the true reality of them... we have so many walls and inner barriers to break through and to see beyond. We have to accomplish the most difficult of tasks within ourselves... that is to be HONEST and REAL to ourselves... to see beyond our ego, our bias', our prejudices... we have to see and FACE the inherent flaws within ourselves that forever taints our understandings of ourselves. These flaws prevent us from being the truest and most honest 'we's' that we can be. We have to stand and see our flaws and shortcomings... in their true colors... and face them. How difficult it is to see ourselves for the true flawed creatures we are without wearing rose colored glasses... Now imagine a family achieving this together, a community, a region, a whole country... I think the honesty within ourselves inspires the honesty within others... I think the honesty within a COMMUNITY inspires honesty within the individual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
If we remember sweet moments that we’ve had with a Loved One and try to build our life upon This Beautiful part of ourselves … everything will change in our life because we will realize that we can be Good ...Yes, we are Good and loving !

And Love is always what really matters …
Christ said, "...of Faith, Hope and Love... Love is the greatest of these..."

Last edited by Johnson; 07-27-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

To put in more of the verse from Corinthians...

I CORINTHIANS 13: 4-13

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude,
it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes
always perseveres.

Love never fails...

...and now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

I know that for myself, when I read the words of what has been translated here by Dr. Dahesh...the Letter of Father Noah... the words Ghandi, the words of Christ in the Bible, the texts in English I have of the Holy Quran... I am always just so amazed at the beauty of the simplicity of the words and the sheer clarity of their meanings. When I read your writings Sandrine and those of others that have posted their thoughts and ideas and questions here, I see questions and expressions that often reflect things that sometimes I may not even have been able to articulate yet... and in those clear ideas and questions of others... I often see one more little piece of the puzzle of my own clarity of understanding. This for me is the true beauty and testament for the foundation of a having a COMMUNITY.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Tintin Tintin est déconnecté
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Wink Let it be

"Put your trust in life it will always be the same sometimes good sometimes bad until we learn to walk the middle way..."

Walking the middle way means taking no risks, living dull. What makes life beautiful and worth living is the ups and downs we are thrown in. It may take time to get up on our feet again when we r down but it gives us the drive we need to go up.
Yes the world is perfect the way it is, it is useless to change anything. Life is only about choices. Sometimes we can't see past the choices we make because we don't understand them. So why have we made them in first place? Because when our deepest instincts come to the surface it's hard to fight them. It's even better to follow them. We don't need to understand and analyze everything or to hold on to beliefs that have long ago become meaningless. Opening news eyes on the world every morning makes us love it more and want to discover sides in ourselves and in the others, we haven't seen yet but that are the quintessence of our life.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Tintin Tintin est déconnecté
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Default Celebration

Congrats Dear Whitetiger for becoming a Senior member, thanks to me though
It seems that for the last 20 days I've had lots of first "times" to celebrate but this one is all about u!
Do they offer chilled champagne at Mc Donald's?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
These are all wonderful thoughts to meditate upon ... Thank you for posting them all David ...

I do like this one : "A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes"


Indeed, when negative feelings occur it’s because there’s something wrong in the way we see the world, in our thinking and in our own beliefs system …

We may become jealous, feel anger, hate … only because we believe in our own distorted thoughts, in our own lies …

We may become crazy, depressed, and show destructive attitudes simply by watching and believing 'images' that are only constructions of our own mind !

When we realize that we are living an "inside war" with all the hardness that we’ve unconsciously allowed in our life and body, in our home, in our family or in our community – bringing this 'Awareness' could be sufficient to stop the war within us and also into the world.

Believing our worrying thoughts is what brings on anxiety, sadness, fears, hatred, rage …

This is not Reality that brings on those negative feelings, it’s the way WE see This Reality … it only comes from our mind.

That’s why it is important to live in the present moment, 'Here and Now' without projecting our fears that come from the past or anticipating the future.

When we simply begin to look around at things as they really are and not as we think/believe they are or they should be … Then we become Real and Happy with what we have …

That’s why we always need to question our thoughts, for example :

"Why I am thinking that way ?

Why do I think he/she should do this or that? ... Or be like that ?

Does what he/she thinks of me really matters ? … Can I change it anyway ...and why should I change it ?

Is it really true or is it a projection of what I am thinking of myself ?

Do I respect myself (and 'the others') when I am acting or thinking the way I do ? " Etc …

Clarity takes place when we honestly answer these kinds of questions, and realize what IS really true … then we will naturally be able to act out of our kind and gentle nature.

If we remember sweet moments that we’ve had with a Loved One and try to build our life upon This Beautiful part of ourselves … everything will change in our life because we will realize that we can be Good ...Yes, we are Good and loving !

And Love is always what really matters …
I have recently been re-reading many of the posts here in Daheshville. I wanted to bump this post by Sandrine up again for all to read once more with fresh eyes as we begin the year 2008. What is written here touches me so very deeply and inspires me... It really summarizes for me that which is the true essence of our spirituality and reason for being. It so beautifully and humanly puts in to words the pure and simple tenants of what I think is the true happiness (awareness) we all long for and what we all have a mandate to strive for, for ourselves and to inspire in others...

Winged made a comment on another thread how after reading some of the posts here on Daheshville, that sometimes after reading such an inspiring hope or thought, that one can only just sit back and reflect and be inspired... I agree... Daheshville has been such place for me as well... Thank you ALL for your inspiring contributions to the body that is Daheshville... I wish you all hope and strength and peace for the coming year.

Last edited by Johnson; 01-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

I never expect people to be what they cannot be, nor do I expect the nature of people to be something it isn’t. Daheshisn is comprised of people, and as such all the human emotions and foibles that go with the human condition, go with Daheshism as well.

But I would like to think that I and WE, can expect more.

The community of Daheshism is sick and fractured. I know there are little cloisters of Daheshism scattered around… but due to hearsay, rumors, hurt feelings… and in some cases… out and out malice and lies…. sometimes even propagated by Daheshists themselves… and when everyone searches their souls, and gets beyond the blinding emotion of their humanness… these people know who I am talking about.

We need to put behind us, these old ways, these old emotions, these old malices… we need to no longer look to the past (other than so that we don’t repeat it) and look only ahead to what we can do positively and what we can create that is RIGHT and TRUE and JUST in the name of our prophet, Dr. Dahesh.

But we are not weak, nor are we fools. When the name or teachings of Dr. Dahesh are attacked, smeared or abused... we defend to set the record straight as rigorously and strongly as we are able.

When one us is attacked, we defend as one...

In the end, we have to let go our tarnished egos of “who is right” and “who is wrong” and for those of us that can… we need to accomplish a oneness in Daheshsim that defies all the odds of the forces against us and and flies against the forces of our individual conditions that keep us antagonists against one another. Yet, we never forget...

The benefit of collectively pushing this rock of ours uphill is a positive gain for all of us… and the beginning of the road to peace for all of us… and an example of to all those that will come after us.

We all have things we have to do, are doing and need to continue to do. However, we are working as individuals or small cloistered pockets… with little sense of the greater community that we truly are.

I understand there are growing pains in Daheshism… this is a reality, and one I have observed since 1985. You all know what I am talking about.

Daheshism itself is being attacked… attacked by the ego and lack of true community and brotherhood and sisterhood… attacked by HUMANhood…

Daheshism is also being attacked in the form of Daheshists being attacked by OTHER Daheshists… by lies written out of uncontrollable anger in books as well as out of jealousy and competition over the internet…

And of course there are those attacks by those from way OUTSIDE of Daheshism (or any other civilized social order) that continue to this day to attack a fellow Daheshist brother with lies and deceit.

We have had to deal with all of that…

WE have to deal with all of this RIGHT NOW… as ONE.

I guarantee… one day… if we do not deal with this as the strong collective that I KNOW WE CAN BE TOGETHER… at some point, when everything is crumbling all around us…we will sit down, with our heads in our hands and ask… “How did we ever get to this place…?”

We can prevent this and change the course of the tide. Little bits here, little bits there… an olive branch here and an olive branch there…beyond these foibles of our humanness… we are devoted to the same Prophet... we believe in the same teachings… we pray in the same way… and we aspire to essentially the same goals.

We are here first and foremost to serve and be true to the Mission of Dr. Dahesh. We are also here to help and foster the community of ourselves that is working to serve this Mission... and this in turn, by example, is one of the greatest honors we can bestow upon the legacy of Dr. Dahesh.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Chad's Avatar
Chad Chad est déconnecté
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44
Default

Johnson,

On the nature of belief, intent, mandate and thinking for oneself...

Indeed it’s one of the best pieces I’ve read in many years, and with your permission I want to print it to add it to my collection of rare pieces, it reflect your deep spiritual understanding.
I have learned a lot myself from daheshville, when I first decided to write on the forum I didn’t even thought I will be checking the site daily. Even sometimes surprised Mario with few remarks about the Website maybe.

For my experience nothing happens because ONLY it meant to happen, you can make things happen in life and that what this site is doing, it is only a window... maybe a candle that light on a certain truth… some say we want more then a candle for that.
True then help or at least be involved and stop the negative vibration being spread here and there.

Didn’t Einstein say, if someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they had never tried a new thing in their life.
At least try to make a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Johnson's Avatar
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Johnson,

On the nature of belief, intent, mandate and thinking for oneself...

Indeed it’s one of the best pieces I’ve read in many years, and with your permission I want to print it to add it to my collection of rare pieces, it reflect your deep spiritual understanding.
I have learned a lot myself from daheshville, when I first decided to write on the forum I didn’t even thought I will be checking the site daily. Even sometimes surprised Mario with few remarks about the Website maybe.
Thank you Chad... yes of course you may use the piece for your purposes... just be sure to note (depending upon what your particular use is) that it came from Daheshville.com. We have done something similar with drawings and images that we have posted here on the site. All the pieces here are part of a greater collective and it is important to maintain that connection... or in some cases, to lead people back to the origin of the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
For my experience nothing happens because ONLY it meant to happen, you can make things happen in life and that what this site is doing, it is only a window... maybe a candle that light on a certain truth… some say we want more then a candle for that.
True then help or at least be involved and stop the negative vibration being spread here and there.
So well put Chad... I have truly enjoyed reading your posts here on Daheshville. You certainly express yourself with a lot of thought and integrity.

I think for a long time, there were many of us that in fact were waiting for something to happen... something to bring us together... something to form that would allow us to talk openly about our belief and ideas of Daheshism. And yes, I do believe something was meant to happen... just like you said... but it did not happen until people (Mario and Sandrine) actually got together and made it happen...

We all need to make these things happen... You, me and everyone else... ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. And we need to do it with decency and brother/sisterhood... THAT is part of how we can honor Dr. Dahesh in our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Didn’t Einstein say, if someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they had never tried a new thing in their life.
At least try to make a difference.
Well said... we will certainly make mistakes along the way... but we will be open to change, to forgive, and to apologize... and then just keep on doing. There is no "try"... the is only "do"...

Thank you again Chad.

All the best,
David
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - 2017 by StudioView Interactive, LLC.