Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Debate Center > Daheshsim, a candle in the darkness.

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 05:57 AM
sael1 sael1 est déconnecté

Default America

let's divide the time line in three stages:

The first stage: Dr Dahesh comes to America till his departure from this earth.
The second stage: since his departure till now.
The third stage: now.

I would like to retrace his steps, given the fact that the Dr taught that God bestowed freedom to America and thus it would be the right platform for the mission to thrive.

So I am not to assume any information unless told by who knows or who was there, As far as I know: Mario is one of the disciples and was there, maybe some others too, but Mario can endorse or reject.

Dr Dahesh leaves Lebanon to America and arrived in?
Where did he stay?
Who did he stay with?
What were the activities in regard to the mission?
A chronological sequence of events would be great.
more questions will result
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sael1 View Post
I would like to retrace his steps, given the fact that the Dr taught that God bestowed freedom to America and thus it would be the right platform for the mission to thrive.
Can you please cite your source/sources?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Can you please cite your source/sources?

Hi Mario

http://www.daheshism.com/
In the section :Why the United States of America?

Please Correct me if I am wrong
Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Hi Mario

http://www.daheshism.com/
In the section :Why the United States of America?

Please Correct me if I am wrong
Thank you, Sael1.

I was hoping you found a passage written by the Doctor Himself.

But let's see what you have here...

"The connection made by Dahesh between spiritual and human values of such ideals as justice, freedom, and human rights, made him look to the United States of America as a country to be aspired after by the rest of the world.

It would be a model country that can provide compassion, freedom, and justice to the world as well as to its own citizens. Because of this promise, Dahesh selected the United States to be the launching pad for his Divine Mission to the world."

Based on the syntax of the opening statement, Doctor Dahesh first realized that a relationship existed between (certain) spiritual values/ideals and human values/ideals (here, further clarification would have been good especially that ideals of a human nature are inherently unrealizable to their full extent — my point being that one spiritual realm's "value" is, at best, a human realm's "ideal."). Then and as a result of this realization, he looked to the United States of America, a country that the rest of the world should aspire to emulate — hence (and continuing with that line of logic) it would be a model country that can deliver key benefits conducive to launching a Divine Mission.

So, how do we get to Sael1's "God bestowed freedom to America and thus it would be the right platform for the mission to thrive?"

Now, I know that a believer's reflex would be to tie every event back to the will of God. But we have to keep in mind (and here, I will paraphrase a passage from Strange Tales and Wondrous Legends, Book 3), when we are (for example) seduced or lured into doing something that would ultimately cause us to fall and as a result of the Divine Justice System endure hardship, pain, and so on and so forth, it is none other than our own spiritual fluids that are luring us into temptation.

In other words, when feel the need to commit an act we know better than to commit, it is none other than our spiritual fluids that are in lower levels sending us these "signals." Why? To exact revenge on us for having been the reason for their fall in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying here is that let's be careful with potentially turning any otherwise nuanced constructs into dogma or political fodder — just look at how some "enlightened" cultures treated others in the name of what they thought was their "God-given right."

All that aside, from what I know is that not too long before the Lebanese civil war began, the Doctor announced to his immediate entourage (that would include my brother Chucri) "we're moving to the USA." I am not sure what he said exactly, but I do remember Chucri coming home, all excited, and saying that the Doctor said something to effect that everything is to be shipped there. Now, I do remember attempts to convince my father to allow me to go to the US (I was 12-13 maybe) and his emphatic refusal. And I do remember beginning to learn and absorb as much as I could as regards the US culture. So the mass exodus (let's call it that) did up and happen (albeit in stages) and it was unexpected on the part of mere mortals. Was there an actual Spiritual directive or letter that appeared? I'm not privy to this information. But know that when the war started, Doctor Dahesh and the Daheshists were right in the middle of it (that 1976 audio excerpt? Well, that was recorded in the kitchen whose window faces the Murr Tower — if that means anything to you).

Last edited by Mario; 01-04-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM

Hi Mario

thank you for your detailed explanation.
Daheshsim offered me solace and better understanding of existence
I am trying to document all the details in effort to understand how the mission got here and what we can do to bring the candle closer to whomever is searching.

I am asking you all these questions because YOU were there.

I would like us to keep on track with my efforts. Kindly.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Hi Mario

thank you for your detailed explanation.
Daheshsim offered me solace and better understanding of existence
I am trying to document all the details in effort to understand how the mission got here and what we can do to bring the candle closer to whomever is searching.

I am asking you all these questions because YOU were there.

I would like us to keep on track with my efforts. Kindly.
I spent many years (and I'm just a drop in the bucket) filling up Daheshville with thousands of pages, many brimming with information touching upon the areas of interest you raised. As such, I think I've shared enough to give an insight into what happened. You have access to all of it.

But enough about me:

The Doctor authored an expansive collection of travel mega-logs ("Doctor Dahesh's Journey's Around the World"). It's basically his travel diary.

Everything is in there. Where he stayed, with whom, when, why, and for how long, whom he called on what day, and what he said to him or her, what he bought, what he thought, and what he liked and what he disliked.

That collection of books is available through, I believe, the Dahesh Heritage bookstore. I suggest you contact them and purchase the collection.

Now, as regards your "efforts," and speaking as someone who (thank you, by the way) "was there" and doesn't know anything about you (thus I have zero reference) my advice to you is to refocus your energies.

If memory serves me right, you once wrote somewhere that you're not interested in assigning blame (or something to that effect). Well, rest assured that if you were to conduct (basically) a forensic study, reconstitute the history, and chronology, you'll end up having smoke coming out of your ears. You might even punch a wall.

Take it from someone who's "been there":

Instead, how about sharing with the world how Daheshism offered you "solace and better understanding of existence."
Old 05-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Y.S. Y.S. est déconnecté

I would like to share my idea regarding this important matter, An idea which I surely believe in.
Yes, The U.S.A. was chosen by the spirit since many of its people possessed lofty spiritual fluids, for example, scientists, literary people, painters, sculptors, etc...
Not that its the only country in the world where its people possess these lofty spiritual fluids, but its a country that hosts people of different religious backgrounds and nationalities, who are very well educated.
Furthermore, As Greece was at the times of lord Jesus the city of education, so is America in our time; in the time of our guiding beloved prophet.
So, that's why the Daheshist mission found an country to spread its holy message across the globe, as long as its people preserve there good spiritual fluids.
Yes Dr. Dahesh relied mainly on the spirit's guiding, and on the intuition of his heart.