Daheshville Forums  

Go Back   Daheshville Forums > Daheshville U.S.A. > Auditoriums > Lecture Hall > HALL of SHAME > I ONCE CALLED A TRAITOR " BROTHER "

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Johnson Johnson est déconnecté

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
He may be gone, but let us not forget that his spiritual fluids (and that of his wife) are still lurking about.

Will theirs descendants repeat their mistake? That is yet to be seen.

And, on that front, and if they do, and the Daheshists, once again find themselves targets, let *some* of them remember the cost of silence and complacency.

Amin is the sole survivor and he can play a major role in eradicating the **curse** his father brought upon his family and Lebanon.

I know there are those, who after reading this, are fuming with anger and vowing revenge...just because I am Daheshist.

And there is nothing I can do to change your minds.

But, know this (whoever you might be): I don't hate you nor do I hate anyone who tried to kill Doctor Dahesh or the Daheshists.

And you are certainly more powerful than I could ever be.

But there is a prophecy by Doctor Dahesh that he wrote in front of 4 Daheshists, myself included, in the NYC appartment.

So far, everything he wrote down, came true.

That is why, I will ask those who hate the mere mention of Doctor Dahesh's name, and are waiting for any opportunity — such as a "New and Improved all-out Civil War" to come about, so that you can settle old scores— to reconsider.

And, Mr. Amin Gemayel: I never met you nor do I personally know of anything negative that you have done against the Daheshists.

Mr. Gemayel, the New Testament, is clear: the sons will (potentially) pay for the sins of their fathers... And I know you're hurting because of your personal losses...

But you must take that experience and try to imagine what Marie Haddad felt when she had to stand and watch her Daughter Magda be cut up like a piece of meat during an autopsy to determine if she was pregnant by the Doctor, as the newspapers of the day (who were printing whatever Bechara and Michel Shiha wanted them to print) were claiming.

Not only was Madga not pregnant. But she died a virgin.

I want you to think about that... and try to understand what your father was involved in... and try to imagine (for once) that, if indeed, Doctor Dahesh was a messenger of God, then imagine the burden that has been placed on your shoulders.

But there is good news, Mr. Gemayel: in Daheshism, we have learned that a person is given time to redeem him or herself.

I also read that the Civil War in Lebanon could have been avoided by —and to start with—an apology and a reversal in behavior. But, no, the lies kept being published...

That is why, it is crucial that you issue a public apology for what your father has done, which resulted in a series of tragic events and ultimately led to the destruction of Lebanon—a country I loved. But, unfortunately, the war your father started caused me, personally, a lot of trauma. I want to see you, Mr. Amin Gemayel, huddled in a corner, on the second floor of an apartment facing the Holiday Inn, with no electricity or water for 13 days. I want to see have to deal with surviving such odds.

But I did, and I am now an American. I have no ties with Lebanon, a country that has (for all practical purposes) forsaken me, as it has forsaken countless others.

Despite all that, Mr. Gemayel, I have nothing against you personally.

On the other hand, I have no problem telling you to your face that, should you or your people choose to re-engage in such practices... well... and according to the revelation I read (and that Doctor Dahesh wrote): Lebanon will disappear from the face of the Earth just like Atlantis...

I am just the messenger.

I mean no disrespect to you personally, because, as I have mentioned, I know nothing of you in particular, except that you are the son of the man who caused great pain to Doctor Dahesh and the the Daheshists.

What is written is written and what shall be shall be.

I pray, mr. Amin Gemayel, that you consider my words in the spirit they were meant.

Lastly, and here I would like everyone to appreciate the idea that this "story" is older than time and this cycle of hate has been reincarnating since the dawn of existence.

I am far from being a politician. However, I believe in diplomacy.

I stand with you Mario on your thoughtful and powerful words here.

Your richly detailed and moving sentiment stated here needs to be heard and pondered and understood over and over and over and again and again... by everyone.

The crime of silence has had a long and painful and lasting precedent.

Those that can evoke change, those that can move to start the change in the world to set right that which has been so horribly wrong for so long, must, I pray, find that course within themselves...

I pray that the voice of peace, however small, and doing that which is necessary to set things right, and the efforts, however great, win out over the louder urges to forget, foster more of the same, and spiral down to the ultimate point of no return...

Last edited by Johnson; 07-13-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Loup Solitaire Loup Solitaire est déconnecté
Board of Directors Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post

I highly recommend you nab ASAP! It's out of print and the best book on the subject in my opinion. Of course, It will not cover the last 15 years or so... and actually... It may just go up to the late eighties... I forget. In any case, it is comprehensive: http://www.amazon.com/Lebanon-Death-Nation-Sandra-Mackey/dp/0385413815/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215920464&sr=8-1

I took your advice.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Mario Mario est déconnecté

Thank you David, and Ron (and, of course Ziyad for initiating the conversation)

And Ron, when you get the book, you might be interested in seeing what the epicenter of the "Battle of the Hotels" looked like...

Also, check this out...
http://almashriq.hiof.no/lebanon/900...tail_wadi.html
http://almashriq.hiof.no/lebanon/900.../pictures.html

Last edited by Mario; 07-13-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Default Sorry... Here is the larger view of my building...

http://www.studioview.com/londonstreet.jpg
Old 07-13-2008, 02:40 PM

Default And here is bird's eye view...

Old 07-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Ziyad Ziyad est déconnecté

It must have been terrific living there in peace times, in pre-war Beirut. It was the most beautiful neighborhood in the city.

And it must have been terrible being there during the Hotels War. It was where the fiercest battles took place !

Is your building still up or has it been demolished after the war ? Who owns it now ?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:53 PM

Indeed...

And I wish I knew. A lot of stories in that neighborhood and the fact the buildings were so close to each other and people's lives were entwined. I mean, we actually knew who our neighbors were and what they were all about... The joys, the sadness, the tragedies...

Incidentally, imagine a macaque monkey on that balcony... Now imagine him escaping and terrorizing the neighborhood... That's not so bad, we had a neighbor in the building facing the other side — who had an act in one of the cabarets — whose CHIMP ran away and forced 2 women to hide in the bathroom for hours, while his owner finally convinced him to climb back down... we had front seat for that event... Yeah... who needed to run away and join the circus!

This photo was sent to me after a long-lost cousin reconnected with me in 2005 or thereabouts (last I saw him was probably on 1974) and he sent me that snapshot. My hunch is that, it will eventually be demolished (if it hasn't been already) to allow for new construction.

I was a surreal experience and one that is indelibly etched in my soul.